• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my oil pump is going out...

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...rent=031-1.flv
    Oil Switch or Oil Pump....hmmmm...

Any Help is greatly appreciated!

(Deev, Feel free to move if you feel this isnt offtopic material, as for I wasnt sure where to put it.)
    -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
    newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
    newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
    newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

ok off topic forum here man.

nways. low oil preasure. most likely its the oil pump.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Anyone else? HELP ME!!! ahha
      newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
      newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Well, holy moly, could you give a few more details other than a flickering oil light at idle?

What oil is in there, how old is it, what filter, how old is it....and if both aren't fresh before asking about old pressure issues, why not?

Either actually measure the oil pressure, or start by changing out the pressure sendor.
        I see an OEM sendor is uber cheap, so i'd start there.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          Well, holy moly, could you give a few more details other than a flickering oil light at idle?

What oil is in there, how old is it, what filter, how old is it....and if both aren't fresh before asking about old pressure issues, why not?

Either actually measure the oil pressure, or start by changing out the pressure sendor.
          I see an OEM sendor is uber cheap, so i'd start there.
          oil is about a month old, and i live about 5 miles from work, so about maybe 200 miles old, Castrol GTX 5w-30 oil, Honda filter. Oil is filled to the second dot. Ill be picking up a sensor today at work, im hoping that will be all i need....

Comment

is your oil pan dented? mine did that when it was dented and i had to take the oil pan off and bang it out lol.

also drain your oil and run 10w30 your oil may be too thinned

an oil psi gauge is a great idea
            ]

Comment

I vote switch. Mine did that, weired flickering is a sign of faulty sensor (according to what I experienced on mine).

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Mine did that but the oil pump is shot now, and spun rod bearings!
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Like I already told you. It sounds to me like the oil pump. But who knows, really. Try the switch first and see if that does anything, if not, you know what has to happen. Plus, I will prolly be helping too if you need it!! I just hope nothing happens in the meantime.
                  Last edited by c mak; 12-02-2007, 09:13 PM. Reason: added more
                  97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                  IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Originally posted by c mak
                    Like I already told you. It sounds to me like the oil pump. But who knows, really. Try the switch first and see if that does anything, if not, you know what has to happen. Plus, I will prolly be helping too if you need it!! I just hope nothing happens in the meantime.
                    Don't let it linger too long. Unless u want a couple of breather holes on the sides of your block

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i replaced the switch, and as soon as i started it is sounded like a diesel jetta.....and i used a piece of hose as a stethascope and is really sounds like its coming from the oil pan....Im really starting to think it is/was the oil pump, as for my car is really sluggish and noisy.

Comment

Well there're easier things that can be done/checked before ripping into things and getting at the oil pump.
                        I was gonna say check the idle speed at first, but it doesn't sound that simple anymore.
                        Unless the factory put gearoil or something in the bottles, there's pretty much no way its the oils fault. Check the oil filter and maybe try another one.
                        Can't say I've ever had a problem with a filter (changed over a thousand between my last job and family stuff), but worth a look. Also check the ports on the mounting base.
                        If you hear something from the oil pan, that's just all the more reason to follow the suggestion to remove the oil pan and see what you can see.
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Ive still got my full gasket set left over from the 'ole civic/f22 project, so i might just have to do that. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                          X