Euro Civic-Diesel- Bring it here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Civic-Diesel- Bring it here!

Just a video i found, Though you guys may like it. I know a few Cb7ers have talked about a diesel honda and here it it! It's a civic but i like it and 60mpg is not bad either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTU83GDtr0

i love that front end although the rear is so so. i also like how well hidden the rear doors are.

Comment

wow cool design w/ the integrating the doors. But dang! that engine sounds like a cummins dodge dually. Idk, diesels are just dirty to me, gasoline seems like its cleaner for the atmosphere and all that junk

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Dirty? From a Honda? lol I don't know but 60mpg would kick ass. I think that bad boy red lines at 4500 rpm's too. ID like to see the how much hp and tq that bad boy has.

Comment

"most americans are going to look at the price of fuel".

Thats because most are dumb ass fucks who have got the brains out of them by media.

Maybe itll be made available to canada

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

That's tight. I love diesel engines. Chip that bitch, chip that bitch, chip that bitch!
            Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

when i was in poland this past summer i saw a bunch of those civics. many of them were diesels. Things are much different in europe where diesel is among the cheaper fuels, thus the popularity of diesels.

here is a nice example of one i saw. this might have been type R, dont remember.

here is a nice VW wagon, also a diesel.

I also saw a good amount of diesel accords. the were marked with i-CTDi badging. im not sure what the C stands for but the first i is for intelligent, something ECU related. TD is turbo diesel and any car with a small i after TD includes a small intercooler.

now i dont know about diesels but the produce some huge numbers as far as torque goes. look at this link:
              http://www.honda.pl/szczegoly.php?au...&shr=&grp=&pwd[41]=%2F6223132%2F6222670%2F6222671&grupa_p=41&strona= 5

kw/KM (kilo watts / horsepower) = 103kw / 140Hp at 4000 rpms
              Nm (newton meters - or torque to us) = 340Tq at 2000 rpms!!!!

im sure the numbers might be a bit less after converting to our measurment system but those numbers are still spectacular.

I have driven a few turbo diesels while on my vacation and although the may not be as fast of the line as gasoline cars but they do make it up when they get up to speed. they are also a lot stronger going uphill or towing stuff. i was able to accelerate without a problem uphill with 3 extra people in the car. Maybe someday they will make it over here but i highly doubt it will be anytime soon.
              The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
              Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
              Check out my JDM F22B swap
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Daaaamn, that's hot. Very nice.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Thats what im talkin bout! >>> Nm (newton meters - or torque to us) = 340Tq at 2000 rpms!!!! (Hey can i borrow your civic to tow my boat to the lake) That little sob has got some get up and go. Up the boost and tune it.. God can you Imagen how much fun that would be!

Comment

340 Nm is NOT 340 lb-ft of torque.

340 Nm IS 250.58 lb-ft of torque.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I'd rather have a gasoline-electric hybrid.

Comment

lets do the math..

unleaded at $3.08/gal = 30-40miles
                        diesel at $3.69/gal = 60+miles

i have a w124 300TD back home(Philippines) and i eat 6th gen Civic SiR's with the B16A4's all day in the toll ways..
                        Last edited by casterX; 12-15-2007, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX
                          lets do the math...
                          unleaded at $3.08/gal = 30-40miles = 11.36 mi/dollar. (I used 35 as an average for the miles).

diesel at $3.69/gal = 60+miles = 16.26 mi/dollar.

So, at a theoretical amount of $50, you could go 568 miles with gasoline, or 813 miles with diesel.

Diesel rocks.

I did the math.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                            340 Nm is NOT 340 lb-ft of torque.

340 Nm IS 250.58 lb-ft of torque.
                            yup that sound more correct. im no math person so thanx for clearing that up. 250tq is still a pretty damn impressive number!
                            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                            Check out my JDM F22B swap
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

the C is for commonrail.

it even has a variable geometry turbine too.

this aint the type-R. its either the 2.2 i-CTDI or the 1.8

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                              X