Clear All

new sti vs evox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-WseTemTuk

the X sucks, the XI is faster in everyway
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
      the X sucks, the XI is faster in everyway
      you think so? They said the 10 handles better than the 9 not sure though a nice comparison would be nice. I wonder if the sti would outdo the evo.
      Last edited by h22sparkle; 12-30-2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

they are both ugly imo the older models for both are far better look wise
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

All I've heard about the X is that it's better than the IX (IX is 9... XI is 11... and I would HOPE that the XI is better than the X when it comes out!)

The BASE Lancer has a stiffer chassis than the Evo IX, so the X HAS to at least have a better platform... Stock for stock, I would think the X would be better. The IX has more aftermarket though... since it's older, and still uses the 4G63, unlike the World Motor in the X.

As for the STi... I don't know much about the new one, but I know the new WRX is supposed to be a bit of a disappointment. They left the same power, but sucked out some sportiness. If they did that to the STi...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            All I've heard about the X is that it's better than the IX (IX is 9... XI is 11... and I would HOPE that the XI is better than the X when it comes out!)

The BASE Lancer has a stiffer chassis than the Evo IX, so the X HAS to at least have a better platform... Stock for stock, I would think the X would be better. The IX has more aftermarket though... since it's older, and still uses the 4G63, unlike the World Motor in the X.

As for the STi... I don't know much about the new one, but I know the new WRX is supposed to be a bit of a disappointment. They left the same power, but sucked out some sportiness. If they did that to the STi...
            LOL misplaced my I there

I have the car and driver magizne right here in every test the X is about 2 seconds slower, and the IX wasn't even the MR.
            wat?

Comment

ive heard that since the 4g was dumped, owners are going to only manage about 100-200 more hp before building the new alum. block. The head design is far better than the old one though, so that might make up for it. Also, I've heard that the new active yaw control is what makes the evo x handle so well, but that it may get into the way of tuning aftermarket upgrades. dunno how true all of this is though...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
                Yup, got to drive my brothers fully built eclipse GS-t last week, took him 5 months to build it and he did a great job ( I refused to work on a DSM ) Shit is fast for a eclipse....boost is growing on me

you are not the only one. i drove my bestfriends boosted ekg an man i got out with fucking wood lmao
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Hey sparkle, whgen you gonna grace us with some vids of your SRT putting the stage 3 kit to full use?
                  When it gets warmer out and when i have the time gem The weather isnt exactly peachy keen outside for 1. 2 I gotta lay low my insurance is about to reactivate this month but what am i gonna do just sit there and do nothing. I work hard long hours driving trucks and stuff long story.

But i know if I install the kit which is supposed to be here this by the end of this month of january along with the maxfab 3inch downpipe for the stage 3 manifold being that my current one from off the mpx on the stock manifold the bolt patterns dont fit. And last i dont have anyone well thats that crazy enough to film it while im driving to not say oh shit and drop the camera if they get scared of my driving. Most of the time they just sit back and hang on and stay silent. Its probably gonan have to wait until it gets warmer its too damn cold to get under the car and all that right now with the rain and slush out here now. And im working on gettin a racing jack the ones that i got now arent all that.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                    ive heard that since the 4g was dumped, owners are going to only manage about 100-200 more hp before building the new alum. block. The head design is far better than the old one though, so that might make up for it. Also, I've heard that the new active yaw control is what makes the evo x handle so well, but that it may get into the way of tuning aftermarket upgrades. dunno how true all of this is though...
                    Most of the time before alot of shit was done mostly evo owners would use meth injection kits and upgrade the clutch aswell as get a nice ecu flash. I remember one who was using the vishnu programd and doin low 12's to mid 11's

Comment

Hey sparkle, when you gonna grace us with some vids of your SRT putting the stage 3 kit to full use?
                      When i do Ill probably get flammed for it or told oh blah thats nothing to be wow about. But then again for parts to just slap on and go easily itll definitely silence alot of doubters.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        When it gets warmer out and when i have the time gem The weather isnt exactly peachy keen outside for 1. 2 I gotta lay low my insurance is about to reactivate this month but what am i gonna do just sit there and do nothing. I work hard long hours driving trucks and stuff long story.

But i know if I install the kit which is supposed to be here this by the end of this month of january along with the maxfab 3inch downpipe for the stage 3 manifold being that my current one from off the mpx on the stock manifold the bolt patterns dont fit. And last i dont have anyone well thats that crazy enough to film it while im driving to not say oh shit and drop the camera if they get scared of my driving. Most of the time they just sit back and hang on and stay silent. Its probably gonan have to wait until it gets warmer its too damn cold to get under the car and all that right now with the rain and slush out here now. And im working on gettin a racing jack the ones that i got now arent all that.
                        oh ok, cool. I just assumed that you already installed the kit and I was hoping for some vids of the beast

Question tho, why dont you have insurance ? And I heard that when you have a car payment and if you remove or cancel your insurance the place the have the loan with gets notified and there is grounds for repossesion?
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

how much do you pay a month anyways ?
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

oh ok, cool. I just assumed that you already installed the kit and I was hoping for some vids of the beast

Question tho, why dont you have insurance ? And I heard that when you have a car payment and if you remove or cancel your insurance the place the have the loan with gets notified and there is grounds for repossesion?
                            dont always assume well i dont have insuance on the car now im doin quotes on the best insuance here in the city. you see out there where your at its cheaper but being that its the city its more expensive. so i switched from geico to e-surance itas much better that and progressive. And no trust me maybe where your at they will take the car if the loan was placed and insurance was cancelled if you missed a payment .

I kept the car cancelled the insurance and never missed a payment. I had no real need to drive the car being that i live so close to work. So i saved up hard and figured out what i really wanted to do in the meantime and brought my stage 3 with toys kit. unlike others who brougth their car whos insurance isnt under their name who crashed their car. Unlike them i have insurance under my own name and kept it because i got the money to do so.

So rather than drive my car i let the car sit cancelled the insurance saved up and took time to think what i really want to do with the car as far as performance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                              how much do you pay a month anyways ?
                              335.72 small potatoes insuance is 365 full coverage in my own name

Comment

Working...
                              X