advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advise

i plan on relocating my battery to the trunk, just wanted to know how others have gone about doing this. also i have an optima red top, and have been told i don't need to put it in a sealed box. although i plan on doing so. any help is appreciated

Originally posted by sohc em
    i plan on relocating my battery to the trunk, just wanted to know how others have gone about doing this. also i have an optima red top, and have been told i don't need to put it in a sealed box. although i plan on doing so. any help is appreciated

I'm definatly the last person who should be telling you this, but... wrong forum.

I believe they sell battery relocate kits that have everything you're looking for. Search around, see what you find.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Oh ya, and make sure if you plan on going to the track you install a battery cutoff switch outside the car. Might as well do it when you do the relocate just to save the trouble.

Comment

yeah i wasn't sure if it was the right forum, but yeah i have found a few kits on ebay for about 50 bucks, but then i find them for about 100 too. i just want to make sure whatever i get is safe. and mainly i just want to clean up my engine bay a little

Comment

You shouldn't need a sealed/ventilated box for the red top, but it wouldn't hurt. Be sure you secure it well. It'll also be useful if you ever need to go back to a standard battery.

Comment

I've always wondered if it's necessary to seal the battery or make a vent out to open air for the battery. I've had some people tell me that batteries vent fumes that are bad. That's one reason they are kept under the hood where they are in an open air environment.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I have a Taylor battery relocation kit, came with everything you need, and I have a yellowtop....pretty sure theres a pic on the first page of my MR thread.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

yeah i figured it would be a good idea to put it in a vented box and vent it out the quarter into the bumper area on the right side. i plan on building my own box, and i already have a tray, so all i need is the cables. i wnated to see if people were buying kits or if you can buy just the cables without all the hardware

Comment

battery fumes are explosive thats why your supposed to vent the boxes.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                  X