No announcement yet.

50th running of the daytona 500!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no said anything about it not taking skill.. its just fucking boring watching cars go around in circles for hours..

pfft.. as my shirt says..

Last edited by Mista Juice; 02-09-2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I'll be watching. I love NASCAR! Honestly I was persuaded and intrigued by the "Days of Thunder" attraction at King's Dominion back in the day!
      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
      ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
        maybe...? but i think it is so fucking retarded watchin cars drive around in a circle for 3 hours...

I think it's fuckin' retarded that you came into a thread for nascar enthusiasts bashing nascar. But I highly doubt you'll care, just as none of us care about your lack of interest in nascar.

JSYK.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Oval Track no skill right? Just turn left? I have argued Nascar and any oval track racing before yea sure its boring but I doubt most of you would survive in that thing. You are driving in an "oval" with cars ass to mouth doing 180-200mph with people bumping into you mid turn. You think thats easy having reflexes to correct that? I respect any form of motorsport. I used to think NASCAR took a lack of skill until you start looking more in depth. At least nascar does expand going into courses with turns. They race an Infineon and some other track. This year they all have somewhat redesigned bodies. This whole season is going to be about tuning with adjusted setups which means crashes and so on. You also have to keep in mind Nascar vehicles are not light. You can say oh Le Mans, F1, and so on take an abundance of skill....yea sure. Same goes for NASCAR. Not all of them are "rednecks". You have a couple people from F1 that moved to Nascar. Juan Montoya is one of the people. Also NASCAR drivers are pretty damn talented. They dont just race in that form of sport. They do drive in other forms of motorsport. Some people even drive for the ALMS series at times. All I am saying. Also engineering wise you go into a NASCAR pit crew they know wtf they are talking about just like any sport. You might not like the sport but its not a sport for "dumb" people. Might look like it or get portrayed like it but its not. Personally I want to go take a ride in a stock car just for the hell of it since they have those down here in tx. I had a change at twin ring motegi but they had time trials going on so I couldnt ride the stock car or take a run in the NSXR.
          I don't think anyone is disputing the lack of skill....but the lack of entertainment.

I love the way high cube, high revving V8's sound.....BUT, ehhhh....the fact of the matter is,

These guys are driving around in an oval, for the better part of 2 hours or so...........

sure, high speed is fun.......but, lap after lap.....weak.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
            I don't think anyone is disputing the lack of skill....but the lack of entertainment.

I love the way high cube, high revving V8's sound.....BUT, ehhhh....the fact of the matter is,

These guys are driving around in an oval, for the better part of 2 hours or so...........

sure, high speed is fun.......but, lap after lap.....weak.

Endurance. Same concept as running a 5 mile race foot race vs. running a 50 meter sprint.
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

eh whatevs haters its till racing and its the most famous in the US u say its boring cuz u dont pay attention to whats going on the points the qualifying teamates new cars and adjustments theres more skill there then many other racing sports but im not dissin on any cuz i love racing i hope to be able to do it for a living someday but serioulsy guys u think its boring and dont got nothing good to say keep it to urself and go watch formula d or something like all the other ADHD car addicts do

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                Endurance. Same concept as running a 5 mile race foot race vs. running a 50 meter sprint.
                watching a 10 mile marathon is about as fun as watching water evaporate.

I understand everything behind NASCAR....it's bootlegging roots, and actual STOCK car rules.

Now the cars are fiberglass, with big V8's......last time I checked, the Camry and Taurus didn't come with V8's.

I enjoy Formula 1....Rally Racing......LeMans........Super GT........why?

Watching someone overtake their opponent around an S bend, is much more exciting TO ME than overtaking someone through slipstream on a straight.

Comment

watching a 10 mile marathon is about as fun as watching water evaporate.

I understand everything behind NASCAR....it's bootlegging roots, and actual STOCK car rules.

Now the cars are fiberglass, with big V8's......last time I checked, the Camry and Taurus didn't come with V8's.

I enjoy Formula 1....Rally Racing......LeMans........Super GT........why?

Watching someone overtake their opponent around an S bend, is much more exciting TO ME than overtaking someone through slipstream on a straight.

That is your preferance. But if we all thought like that, life would be bland, eh? (Not being an asshole)

Comment

Theres no overtaking in WRC =P.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Theres no overtaking in WRC =P.
                      But it's exciting as hell!

Comment

im gonna watch it...i like it even though my boy bobby labonte isnt that great anymore......

Comment

dale jr FTW the bud shootout was great lastnight. the 500 is gonna be better with the cot the draft is so much better cause the cars are 4 inches wider
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

"if you racing on a track your going in a circle, so what is the difference"

what's not to get?

alot
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                              alot
                              Oval racing.......got it

Comment

Oval racing.......got it

you like what you like, i like what i like i have been to 4 nascar races an they are so much better in person but i understand everyones view of 3 hrs of left turns lmfao. when you have 43 cars running 3 wide at 190 mph inches apart, im sorry but that puts me on the edge of my seat for 3hrs
                                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Working...
                                X