I wish I could still have this car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could still have this car...

Ok. I used to be like co-owner of a 93 eagle talon tsi..it was white, 5spd, and awd..fast as hell! I was NEVER beaten by anyone out there! no audi, camaro, mustang, or honda could touch me. I since got my accord, but I still really miss that eagle. I wanna get another one, but no one around here even has one for sale! I miss that turbo kickin in, the bov, and the awd that made stop and go traffic soo fun! I just miss the days of her..targa top and all! I never saw another car like it. It was sumthin else. We only got rid of her, cause the guy I was co-owner wit sold her to some kid, and she costed a fair amount of cash. She had oil issues, and broken axles. But, now that I work at a shop, and can find my way around a car, I just wanna get her back..anyone know this feeling? Anyone know anywhere I can look to find one? This issue is that it MUST be 5spd, and a tsi awd..color matters not. I also kinda need cash for it, but that's besides the point..I just miss her..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

www.ebay.com
    www.autotrader.com
    www.google.com

Comment

It looks like we are about to loose another one to dsm. *sign*

Comment

Yeah i liked talons... there hott. Before i knew anything about cars or even drove for that matter i wanted like a Rav 4 or a eagle talon or an eclipse. now i just like the talon.. its soo diffrent.. the lime green one

They are hott. I give you that

Comment

best bang for the buck as far as stock power... but they have reliability issues, man.

good luck though.

Comment

lol..i am not going to the dark side. i dont even have the moeny to get one, nor are any for sale around here. I just miss my old car. They have a large reliability issue yes, but I wish I could work them out and whatnot..as they say wit dsms.."drive it for 1 month, fix it for 3"

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137
            Black Doubt Crew member #2
            Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Im sure you can find one

Comment

=

Comment

Why does everyone on here hate dsms?
                  R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                  My members ride page
                  Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

nobody hates them... they just aren't as reliable as honda's (engine wise) how many turbo dsm's do you see running around with close to 200K miles with no problems, or that haven't been rebuilt? not many huh? ok now how many honda's?
                    OS^e
                    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by 93akkord
                      nobody hates them... they just aren't as reliable as honda's (engine wise) how many turbo dsm's do you see running around with close to 200K miles with no problems, or that haven't been rebuilt? not many huh? ok now how many honda's?
                      exactly. theyre more reliable.

my friend has an eagle talon, but its a first gen and its not turbo. he wants to race me.

Comment

Id buy one

Comment

I would never want a turbo AWD DSM for my only car, but as a second car to play with, it would be great. A 92 AWD turbo Laser is my favorite DSM. The Lasers look so much less "sporty" than the others... They're kinda the "forgotten" DSM They are also a smidge lighter than the Talon or Eclipse.

The 4G63 engine in the 1st generation DSM was pretty reliable. The 2nd gen is when the crankwalk issues came into play. Many of the problems with DSMs today is that they are (and were) inexpensive little sports cars. People who knew NOTHING about driving, maintaining, or modifying a turbo AWD vehicle could afford them and beat the living hell out of them. SO, now that all the good ones are well over 100k miles already, they almost all have issues. You can be sure that Granny didn't choose the more expensive turbo AWD model when she wanted a little cheapie sports car! For that reason, you can find non-turbo DSMs in conditions similar to some CB7s.

I'd love to get one to mess around with. ONLY the AWD turbo model (and I agree, 5 speed all the way!) I don't really like the idea of FWD turbo vehicles (and I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to make my 86 Accord RWD )

Comment

That awd model would be the gsx the front wheel drive one is the gst. My boy constanly says that dsms are better than cb7s/ I told him to suck on my bizzalls the gst that he got a 92 i beleive was utter shit to the person who sold it to him. The funny part was the belt on the alternaotr broke. I shitted on him the whole way abou it too. I told it to him like this okay guy you brought the car my engine is shittier than yours hah. okay lets do a test shall we.

Okay 1 why did your belt break before mine hmmmmmmm?
                            okay 2 why did you have to rebuild your engine when you brought it hmmmm?
                            okay 3 why did your radiator crack before mine hmmm?
                            okay now the shifter in the interor broke you can spin the ball with the fuckin shifter knob about to come off the shortshifter altogether hmmm?
                            why do you need a turbo to beat me by turning up the boost hmmmm?
                            last but not least why did the head of the engine bent all valve which prove it to be a shity motor in the first place.

Dont get me wrong but when people pop shit especially dsm's who think the eclipse is the shit think again . I put him in his place for all all he kept on sayin its a honda I was like yup and thats why your car breaks down all so often.

Comment

Eh, like I said. It's not that the cars are total crap... they are just all (mostly, anyway) beat to hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X