Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn

The 4th and final beta has ended and the game is set to release on the 24th for early access and 27th for normal access.

The original Final Fantasy 14 released on September 30th 2010 and was immediately declared a failure and received very harsh reviews from long time Final Fantasy fans and gaming media. It was so bad that they went free to play almost immediately and most of the original development team was scrapped and a plan was set into motion to remake the game with a new team. Final Fantasy 14 1.0 as it is now referred to stayed live for just over 2 years before servers were brought down in November of 2012 to allow for the relaunch of the game as Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn which is launching August 27th 2013.

I have had the pleasure of beta testing FF14 ARR and the game is beautiful. From the moment the opening cinimatics start to the character creation the game scream Final Fantasy. The music takes me back to the days of Final Fantasy 3 (AKA 5 in Japan) on SNES and Final Fantasy 7 on the PS1. The combat is easy for a new MMO player to learn and to a veteran is simple beyond words.

One of my favorite things about FF14 ARR is that it is cross platform between PS3 and computer. Everyone plays on the same servers. Gamepad controllers can be used on PC and a USB keyboard and mouse can be used on PS3 if that is how you want to play. You have a lot of freedom with controls.

Now anyone who played in the 4th and final beta will tell you it did not go as planned. There were a couple of huge errors (error 9000 and 3102) that marred the experience but I am holding onto hope that these issues will be fixed before the full launch.

If anyone plans to play please give me a holler and let me know. I plan on starting a Free Company/Guild for friends from the ADK gaming community on Diabolos server.

Hubby is a huge FF fan and played FF14 this past weekend. He is looking forward to early access on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
      Hubby is a huge FF fan and played FF14 this past weekend. He is looking forward to early access on Saturday.
      What server will he be playing on?

Comment

I think Behemoth.

Originally posted by trickedaccord92 View Post
        What server will he be playing on?

Comment

I'm playing....well not currently but my LS and I are on Excalibur, and according to my LS mates most of the servers are still having congestion issues but all they need to do is add more servers and all these 1017, 3102, 90000, 10102 codes will almost entirely go away
          Last edited by almostJDM; 08-26-2013, 03:00 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
            I'm playing....well not currently but my LS and I are on Excalibur, and according to my LS mates most of the servers are still having congestion issues but all they need to do is add more servers and all these 1017, 3102, 90000, 10102 codes will almost entirely go away
            Yeah there are still a lot of issues .... I am waiting for new servers and free server transfers

Comment

Nice, I ran through a level 50 Dungeon last night called The Wanderers Palace, what it pretty much consisted of was kill kill kill....SHIT BIG TONBERRY RUNAWAY!!!!, kill kill kill, SHIT BIG TONBERRY RUNAWAY!!!, lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                Nice, I ran through a level 50 Dungeon last night called The Wanderers Palace, what it pretty much consisted of was kill kill kill....SHIT BIG TONBERRY RUNAWAY!!!!, kill kill kill, SHIT BIG TONBERRY RUNAWAY!!!, lol
                LOL awesome. I am taking my time doing stuff. I just unlocked my white mage job last night and since I am running with a friend and he is now 6 levels behind me I started working on my Botonist.

Comment

Nice, yeah I only have 2 level 50's but that's from my
                  Time playing 1.0, I didn't level any of my crafts until I started phase 4, so all of them are around or under 15 except bot it's level 20 atm

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X