Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda to release new Insight

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/04/auto...ex.htm?cnn=yes

The carmaker showed images of the Insight that will go on sale in the United States in the spring, it said. The car, which will be sold only as a hybrid, will be a five-seat hatchback and will be priced "significantly below hybrids available today," Honda said in an announcement.

The new Insight is expected to have an improved version of Honda's "Integrated Motor Assist" hybrid system, a version of which was used on the original Insight and in the Civic Hybrid.

Honda did not release a specific price for the new Insight or expected fuel economy figures. The car will be officially unveiled at the Paris International Auto Show on Oct. 2.

In addition to the Insight, Honda also plans to introduce a unique "sporty" hybrid vehicle, the company said. The company did not announce when it plans to introduce that vehicle.

*Better 'Temple of VTEC' link - http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=786728
    Last edited by accordaffair; 09-05-2008, 03:45 PM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

wow the design is so original

Comment

Sweet Prius.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
        Sweet Prius.
        lol.

honda/acura is fucking up ALL of they're new cars front ends imo...other then the new si civics

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i hope it beats the Pruis real world mileage. my neighbor has one and he says its never got above 45mpg and he isnt racing, hes 78 lol

Comment

Nice Honda's Prius

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Not honda's fault

Yes the shape is very close the the Yota, but lets be honest the shape of the old insight was probably as close to perfect drag resistance as possible and well... no one bought it.

So this time they appear to be trying the "look ok" and get good gas mileage car?

In my opinion if you are getting a hybrid for gas mileage then you shouldn't care what it looks like but that is just me

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Actually, if you guys would put your glasses on, and looked at the shape, you would notice that it looks more like the FCX Clarity, than the Prius.

Of course, if you also did your homework, you would know that they chose this shape because it is more aerodynamically efficient. Of course, I am sure THAT little detail has nothing to do with MPG on a car.

God damn Honda for optimizing a car for its mission, by utilizing the same shape that works well for Toyota because the laws of physics say it does.

When will they EVER get it right?
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i hate hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

God damn Honda for optimizing a car for its mission, by utilizing the same shape that works well for Toyota because the laws of physics say it does.

When will they EVER get it right?
                    they will wen they beat Toyota to the next design

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                    i hate hybrids
                    i guess u dont like great mpg in a DD

Comment

im not even going to jump into that discussion

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                        they will wen they beat Toyota to the next design
                        I hate to break reality to you, but Toyota wasn't the first with the design. Take the Insight, make some subtle changes, add two doors and guess what, you have the same shape...

You don't always have to be first to be best, although in this case Honda was.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

those wheels are fuckin baller.
                          峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            I hate to break reality to you, but Toyota wasn't the first with the design. Take the Insight, make some subtle changes, add two doors and guess what, you have the same shape...

You don't always have to be first to be best, although in this case Honda was.
                            subtle changes? anyway i wish they would improve on the original Insight as a coupe.

Comment

yea looks like the new 4door prius to me...

looks like a happy car.

Comment

Working...
                              X