X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about 05 accord 5 speed

how are this cars, how esaly to mod what's the handling like

The Race Car

These cars are quite nice, they are well refined, and 'easy to mod' if you know what route you want to take with them.

The handling stock, is junk. But what can you expect from a midlevel commuter car? Upgrade the suspension..simple.

Appearance mods are far and few between, not too many 'options' available. But you can find an OEM lip kit, and some nice wheels, do a few suspension upgrades and enjoy it.

If you're getting '05 5sp, those are K24 engines, very peppy and mod friendly. You'll enjoy that aspect for sure.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

so it has the same moter as an rsx. that is retty modd frindly

The Race Car

Comment

rsx has a k20, tsx and accord has a k24

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
          They are great cars. A little homely in the styling department, but overall a great car. If you get one in a dark color, it can actually look REALLY nice.

Engine wise, it is a K series. Not the same as an RSX-S, but a lot of the parts are interchangeable, and they still respond well to mods IF you take the time to learn about them.

The suspension has the fundamentals right. You would probably need some springs and shocks, as well as a 04-08TL rear sway bar, tires and wheels, and the car should be completely different in the handling department.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

would a super charger kit for a rsx fit or do they make a kit for it

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest View Post
              These cars are quite nice, they are well refined, and 'easy to mod' if you know what route you want to take with them.

The handling stock, is junk. But what can you expect from a midlevel commuter car? Upgrade the suspension..simple.

Appearance mods are far and few between, not too many 'options' available. But you can find an OEM lip kit, and some nice wheels, do a few suspension upgrades and enjoy it.

If you're getting '05 5sp, those are K24 engines, very peppy and mod friendly. You'll enjoy that aspect for sure.

Do you have one of these cars? I drove this car automatic EX, (my girls car), 85mph through the windy hills of upstate GA. the stock suspension handled great. the car never slid, never had a problem steering or anything.

Her car has the stock 16" 5 spoke, 4 wheel discs, and the Auto K24. The car is pretty torquey for a 4 cylinder, and can feel it mostly on the highway. From a stop, its slushy, prob from the auto trans though. She also has the factory fogs and factory aero or HFP or whoever makes front lip. Other than that its all stock. We also got 32 mpg on highway with regular gasoline on auto trans. Which is pretty good for a "big" 2.4L.

Many upgrades, even easy ones, such as teh TSX i/m and t/b are easy to do. There is a lot of space in the engine bay of these cars as well.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                Do you have one of these cars? I drove this car automatic EX, (my girls car), 85mph through the windy hills of upstate GA. the stock suspension handled great. the car never slid, never had a problem steering or anything.

Her car has the stock 16" 5 spoke, 4 wheel discs, and the Auto K24. The car is pretty torquey for a 4 cylinder, and can feel it mostly on the highway. From a stop, its slushy, prob from the auto trans though. She also has the factory fogs and factory aero or HFP or whoever makes front lip. Other than that its all stock. We also got 32 mpg on highway with regular gasoline on auto trans. Which is pretty good for a "big" 2.4L.

Many upgrades, even easy ones, such as teh TSX i/m and t/b are easy to do. There is a lot of space in the engine bay of these cars as well.
                Yes my cousin has one, I've done a few mods on it. We've painted his headlight bezel, threw some 6000K HIDs in, etc.

I daily drive a car w/ full one piece suspension, so I'm used to tight, responsive handling. Not the wallowing of a stock setup, so maybe I was overcritical, but in my opinion the first thing that needs to be addressed is suspension.
                '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Well if your used to tight then yes a stock susp prob would be slushy for ya lol. But for this car, the stock is great. I mean it handles really well for stock. We want to lower, but she doesnt know how to drive a lowered car lol. She runs speed bumps over like its nothing lol. She will also nose dive the thing into a ramp. I was only thinkin like Neuspeed Sports and a good strut combo.

I dont know what else we are going to do to it, since honda extended the warranty out to 100k for us. I was told if i do the susp and its minor suspension i would be ok.

She has carpel tunnel so it will always be a manual, but would really like to do a TSX Auto swap eventually, with a nice I/H/E combo.

All and all though, from a stock standpoint its a really nice car. With mods, I love them even more. There is a slammed, modded SSM 7thgen I drive by a lot and it looks amazing.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

are there any forms for thes cars like cb7tuner(but icould never realy leave u guys.)

The Race Car

Comment

i work at honda and they are nice.

honestly Id get the accord here in germany looks 10x sicker..

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
                        i work at honda and they are nice.

honestly Id get the accord here in germany looks 10x sicker..
                        The cars pictured weren't 05's.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

03+ accords are great cars! I think it will likely be my next car. Find a 5 speed ex-L with black leather and you'll be set for a long time to come!
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

thats the v6 model right. i want a red coupe with back lether but i dont no if they were even made like that

The Race Car

Comment

thats the v6 model right. i want a red coupe with back lether but i dont no if they were even made like that
                              No that's the 4 banger with five speed manual trannies.

The V6 coupes with manual transmissions ALL have 6 speed transmissions.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X