Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 VW corrados

two corrado g60 total cost = 500

the yellow one is a project. the engine bay was repainted and everything was taken out. as of right now it is a roller and i need all the hoses and electrical to be hooked up.

I bought the green one so i can use it as a reference. i may be keeping the green one. i think it would look cool dumped ont he factory bbs'.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

siiiickkkkkkk
    i dont even like that gen, and i still want one

Comment

I know nothing about them. I assume theyre RWD..?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

fwd. Corrado's are sweet.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

There was only 1 gen of the Corrado. I love the design, although I hear the G60 was prone to grenading. Maybe a vr6 swap is in its future

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
            There was only 1 gen of the Corrado. I love the design, although I hear the G60 was prone to grenading. Maybe a vr6 swap is in its future
            meh, a swap is a lot of time and money. granted it probably isn going to be as much as a supercharger rebuild every two years but idk. im trying to keep budget low on the vw's.
            not trying to get sucked into the money pit like the cb7
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The G60 grenades, and the VR6 makes it a nose-heavy pig. The one to get is the base model... or swap in a 1.8T.

Still, I LOVE Corrados. Probably the only VWs I would ever consider owning, knowing how problematic the brand tends to be. If it was RWD, I'd have one already.

Even though the G60 kinda sucks... it'd probably be what I'd choose anyway.

Wes, if you don't want a money pit, you chose the WRONG car! The CB7 will seem like a brand new car compared to a Corrado.
              I see more Corrados on jackstands in people's driveways than I do on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post

the scirocco was originally named the corrado. then before production they changed it, knowing there would be something similar in the future.

Comment

The Scirocco.

Wes....TDI???

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Yeah, the Scirocco was technically the predecessor to the Corrado.

VW tends to do that... Fox/Jetta, Rabbit/Golf...

Comment

Whenever i hear/see the name "scirocco" im reminded of Family Guy.

If not a TDI, how about the 3.0 with a Garret T35/40?

Comment

1.8T.

Why put something heavy in it and make it handle like poop?

Wow, some Wiki research shows that the car is a hybrid platform... the rear is basically a Passat, and the front is a Jetta/Golf.

Comment

and poop does NOT handle very well at all.

Comment

I do my best not to handle poop, personally.

Comment

I guess it depends on how far into it he wanted to go. Suspension, wheels, transmission, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X