Highest cost racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highest cost racing?

What form of racing do you think costs the most for a day at the races. don't add the travel costs or R&D or anything like that. I am talking about just the race day car costs, fuel, tires, etc.

~Top Fuel Drag Racing: On average, each run costs about $2,000 - $3,000.
    ~Formula 1: Roughly 100,000,000 for the season divided by 19 races is 5.2 million per-race. but that isn't race day.
    ~NASCAR: at an average cost of $30,000 to $60,000 per race engine.

I say Drag Racing, b/c you get atleast 4-6 runs in a day min. and thats 12-24,000 dollars. The F1 doesn't cost much b/c all that have on race day is two sets of tires, and fuel.
    Drag Racing
    19.23%
    F1
    65.38%
    NASCAR
    3.85%
    LeMans
    11.54%
    Other (IRL,Cart,Rally,etc.)
    0.00%
    Last edited by DUNKiNUTS; 06-12-2005, 02:02 PM.

yo dunk, dude F1 cost a shitload with cost of car,crew, travel,(they do go over sea's too) shit cost a fortune!
    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

my point was just a race day for the car. not the crew or travel just the car.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
        my point was just a race day for the car. not the crew or travel just the car.
        Still F1 or LeMans hands down then. The cars themselves are worth far more then drag cars or NASCAR cars. I dont see NASCAR machines or drag cars spending any time in wind tunnels or Nurdburgring time attack test trails. I think the only equalizer the drag cars have would be the fuel they use. Also, factor in all the event coverage for race day events. Drag stips are just a quarter mile of pavement. Real tracks have so many different angles to cover. I just dont see drag being anywhere near these types of racing events.

Comment

I am saying, not the cost of the car, the cost to run the car. Not the track or event, the cost to put it out for a day at the track. Fuel, tires, engines, etc. Yes F1 owns everyone on the amount of money it takes to test,tune,run,host,etc. for a team. But the cars running cost for a race day isn't that much. Like unless they break, I mean they pitstop 2-3 times during a race. so there isn't much cost to run the race. A drag car has tires, fuel (30 bucks a gallon), a new engine every run. LeMans runs for 24 hours, thats a lot of fuel and tires.

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7
            Still F1 or LeMans hands down then. The cars themselves are worth far more then drag cars or NASCAR cars. I dont see NASCAR machines or drag cars spending any time in wind tunnels or Nurdburgring time attack test trails. I think the only equalizer the drag cars have would be the fuel they use. Also, factor in all the event coverage for race day events. Drag stips are just a quarter mile of pavement. Real tracks have so many different angles to cover. I just dont see drag being anywhere near these types of racing events.
            actually...both drag and NASCAR stock cars are both windtunnel tested. but i agree F1 is the most expensive

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

dude no disrespect butt it's F1 all day long.
              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

drag racing, the engine only lasts 1 run then it needs a rebulid
                FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                  drag racing, the engine only lasts 1 run then it needs a rebulid
                  um actually that applies for all racing... nascar,f1,etc they all rebuild there engines after each race... i know f1 takes the cake, but what about rally??often times they have to rebuild the entire CAR after a race

Comment

i would say F1 too...only cuz i use to watch and read a lot about F1...i believe they used to be all carbon fiber bodies with 3 Liter V 10's in them. I would definately think F1 is most costly...i mean the actual car alone has got to be pricey...electronics...especially the gearbox and tranny and such. Just what i think though.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

True but the dymanics are all on Drag. you need to know the car, and tech.

Comment

^^^ yeah i saw the race on tv and put this up.

Comment

sweet you have any pics? or video?

Comment

Working...
                          X