Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's my thought for the DX's replacement (when I'm done with it...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my thought for the DX's replacement (when I'm done with it...)

It's a Honda 600. It's classified as a microcar, and it was perhaps one of the first Hondas to be imported here. The car is TINY, and is powered by a 2 cylinder engine. It's not a beast, but the gas mileage and collectibility make up for that! I can build the CB7 for power, and work the 600 for show and fuel economy If I find I really like the 600, I may pick up a junky one and try to do some sort of monstrous swap into it (B series, perhaps )

I've been looking into these things for a few days now, and they're really growing on me!

1300lbs, 36hp, 4 speed transmission... It's just cool!
    Last edited by deevergote; 09-03-2005, 02:51 PM.

good luck

good luck finding one!..just get a ford festiva 5 speed

Comment

hmmm...........sure if you like a bike would be better on gas and more fun.

Comment

Yeah, might be tough to find one. Otherwise, I say go for it!

Comment

Links for the Deev man

Hey Deev,

heres a couple links for ya.

600 Source

Honda 600 shop <- This guy is located in Statesville , NC and has a a coupe of them for sale every once in awhile.

Check em out though I think its pretty cool how they have them at every other Honda dealer.

:EDIT:

And for anyone whos planning on buying an older Accord or any other model check this place out.

This Old Honda
          Last edited by HenRoc; 09-03-2005, 09:20 PM.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
            Hey Deev,

heres a couple links for ya.

600 Source

Honda 600 shop <- This guy is located in Statesville , NC and has a a coupe of them for sale every once in awhile.

Check em out though I think its pretty cool how they have them at every other Honda dealer.
            yup silko honda in raynham has an orange one...i never knew every dealer had one...thats cool. thanks i leanred something new.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
              yup silko honda in raynham has an orange one...i never knew every dealer had one...thats cool. thanks i leanred something new.
              Yeah thats the only place Ive seen so far that has one...theres a dealer up here but I never saw a fully fuctional one in their showroom display.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

yea silkos is sick its orange and its in mint cond. its very nice. the interior is sick too i love those little cars.....imagine the mpg with that beast...lol. that one at silko has stock paint to by the way. pretty damn nice for stock.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Henry! I saw some of those pages before, but This Old Honda was new to me!

I thought about getting a bike, but my girl is REALLY against it. I don't want her worrying every time I go out... Plus, I live in New Jersey, like 20 minutes from Philly. Motocycles are not the best method of transportation with these crazy roads (and crazier drivers!) The 600 will be kinda dinky, but at least it'll offer some protection in an accident!

As for a Festiva... that has a big engine compared to the 600 50% more cylinders, in fact! Plus, the Festiva is still a "crap" car... wheras the 600 is collectible

There are 2 on ebay now for about $1500. With perhaps $600 in parts and $500 in cosmetic work, they would be good enough to drive... and continue to restore.

Comment

There are a couple in a junkyard near my house in Richardson, if you end up getting one, lemme know if I can help find parts.
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

Awesome. Thanks man! I will definitely need help with parts! I'm sure Napa doesn't exactly carry 600 replacement parts... Though the engine is a modified motorcycle motor, so the parts for that may be more common than body and electrical stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Awesome. Thanks man! I will definitely need help with parts! I'm sure Napa doesn't exactly carry 600 replacement parts... Though the engine is a modified motorcycle motor, so the parts for that may be more common than body and electrical stuff.
                        Slap a CBR motor in one I loooove the harmonous hum of a Honda CBR engine..its music to my ears.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

I know where 2 sit in NW Arkansas.. probly can get them for close to nothing!!

www.definiteobsessions.com

Comment

those things are like bikes, i do belive they're chain driven.
                            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

i've got a gokart.. if ur interested...... it's about the same size as those 600's...lol. they are kool little cars, but i don't think i would like to drive one of those down here in rush hour, u would prob get run the fuck over by a semi. they already have a pro seeing my dropped cb7 imagine that!... and they are kinda pricey.. i understand they are collectibles but damnn 9,500??? huh!. if u ever get one post piks of u in the car

Comment

Working...
                              X