No announcement yet.

Gallardo vs c6 z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horsepower is not everything on a course. On a straight track yeah, but on a course horsepower is not. Its about cornering and manuevability. I would pick the NSX over anything anyday.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
      a regular vette will not hand a viper his ass. i do have to agree with you (less money and more speed)
      I never said it did... Re between the lines... The z06 has and will continue to hand ass kicking to vipers and everything slower. Amazingly a regular vette is on par with a viper... I'll just leave it at that.
      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
      registration is free

Comment

as well as an nsx handles..i'd still rather have the z06...that thing pwns..

Comment

btw im not gonna really elaborate but the vette will walk a viper or a number of other cars on a coarse as well not saying it will outhandle an nsx but it will outhandle a viper and many others

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
            btw im not gonna really elaborate but the vette will walk a viper or a number of other cars on a coarse as well not saying it will outhandle an nsx but it will outhandle a viper and many others
            I'll go ahead and say it for you... it owns the nsx as well in the handling department. the nsx doesn't even do 1g on the skidpad... The nsx will out handle a c5 base vette because of those damn heavy ass runflats the base 97-04 vette has but doesn't come close to a c6 z06.

The nsx was good... dont get me wrong when it came out it was awesome. But the platform is too old. When it came out it was in top form and hanging with supras, vettes, vipers. hell it was a toss up when you compared the cars... The nsx platform is just too old now. I'm glad honda is killing the car and hopefully the new "nsx" or whatever its going to be called, will be a pioneer just like the old one.
            Last edited by koolkoreanked; 11-19-2005, 08:06 AM.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
              I'll go ahead and say it for you... it owns the nsx as well in the handling department. the nsx doesn't even do 1g on the skidpad... The nsx will out handle a c5 base vette because of those damn heavy run flat tires
              The nsx was good... dont get me wrong when it came out it was awesome. But the platform is too old. When it came out it was in top form and hanging with supras, vettes, vipers. hell it was a toss up when you compared the cars... The nsx platform is just too old now. I'm glad honda is killing the car and hopefully the new "nsx" or whatever its going to be called, will be a pioneer just like the old one.
              the nsx is old, yes ur right but it can still hold its on with the new cars. supras and vipers and vettes is nothing compared to a nsx on the track

the nsx will out handle a base vette, the z06 is a very upscale model. funny how you have to get the better model to out perform a nsx. and theres the nsx-t, we arent talking about this one right. we could but lets just keep using the BASE nsx for comparsion. i was reading the new motor trend and the 04 srt-4 does a 14.4 and the superstreet version does 13.1 hello the nsx does 13.1 stock are you yet.

Comment

the nsx is old, yes ur right but it can still hold its on with the new cars. supras and vipers and vettes is nothing compared to a nsx on the track

the nsx will out handle a base vette, the z06 is a very upscale model. funny how you have to get the better model to out perform a nsx. and theres the nsx-t, we arent talking about this one right. we could but lets just keep using the BASE nsx for comparsion. i was reading the new motor trend and the 04 srt-4 does a 14.4 and the superstreet version does 13.1 hello the nsx does 13.1 stock are you yet.
                Let me pull out one of my old motor trend mags from 97...

Corvette Base model / nsx-t (Then model I've been comparing)

top speed-169mph / 162.2
                wet surface lateral g .85g / .83g
                0-60, 4.8 / 4.8
                quarter mile, 13.2@ 109.3 / 13.3@ 106.7
                dry surface lateral g .93 / .94
                600-ft slalom, 66.2 / 67.5
                60-0 116ft / 120ft

Sorry I wasn't clear on what model nsx I was comparing.... by comparison a z06 will eat both the regular vette, nsx-t, nsx... And I mean just a c5 z06 not even the brand new c6 z06... I hate using numbers from mags but hell. I've piloted a stage 2 srt-4 to 13.3. Dont even get into a stage 3 srt. Tire spinning my buddy has done high 12s in his... a stock viper gts will eat up a stock nsx... end of story. The nsx is not as awesome on the track as you think it is. Its easy to drive and control on the track but thats about it. A viper by comparison is brutle on the track.. hard to control but when you do it right there aren't too many cars that can compare. And the z06 is not much of an upscale model. Just a few engine and suspension tweaks...

I'm not trying to down the nsx... It was good in its days like I said earlier... and would hold its own back then... But like the aging supra and other cars from the 90s, they all take a backseat to newer sports cars.
                Last edited by koolkoreanked; 11-19-2005, 09:56 PM.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

the upscale vette is still cheaper than a nsx period.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

Im not sure if its real or not, but what about a type-r nsx. GT4 player here. Anyways, i htink the type r version (if its real) is something to look at, unless the nsx-t is the same thing.
                    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

The NSX-T is just a targa top NSX..heavier and less rigid than the coupe.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                        Im not sure if its real or not, but what about a type-r nsx. GT4 player here. Anyways, i htink the type r version (if its real) is something to look at, unless the nsx-t is the same thing.
                        yea theres a nsx-r. a few years after the nsx came out there was the type r model, then it was discontinued then they brought it back a few years later. the best motoring has it in there. find that dvd pick it up and get back to us

Comment

Working...
                        X