Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody wanna buy a GNX?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4A007...QQcmdZViewItem

I dont think we have to worry about this ebay link blowing up , read the rules though.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

....i'll take it

Comment

Wow. That is cleeeeaaan, but like 100k I don't think hes gonna get that.
        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

yea its clean... but its 100,000 overpriced...

SOLD!

Comment

i always loved those. i don't think too many people can say that they have oil from 1987 in their cars.
            travis: that's probably your neighbor, see if you could get it for free.

Comment

Do any of you know that this is not merely a Grand National? A very rare GNX that most used ones go for $40K or higher. Now while I've never seen one that was never titled I don't know what to expect these to go for but I can assure you that most of you are underestimating this car and its value. I'll go confirm my specs and edit this post.

Edit:
              Total production of only 547 in 1987. It was dubbed by Buick as the GN to end all GNs. All conversions were done by ASC/McClare. It was equipped with a special ceramic coated turbine housing turbo, larger intercooler, special GNX Turbo Shield, Special PROM programming, special transmission valve body mods, torque arm, panhard bar(prevents lateral rear axle movements for all you FF guys), fender vents, wheel flares, 16" black mesh alloy wheels wearing 245/50VR16 Gatorback's, special badging, full analog instrumentation, and a personalized serial number linking the owner to the car. To get parts you have to prove you own one. The Awesome GNX produces 275hp and 360ft lb of torque and was capable of mid 13 second runs in factory trim. With slicks these could easily break into the 12s. If you want to know how these things performed on the street, just ask anyone you know who drove a 1987 Corvette.
              Last edited by Jarrett; 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think they were really smart to keep it like that... will it go for 100,000 right now on ebay? I dunno, but I could picture something like that in a barrett jackson auction like 15 years from now going for a lot more then that.
                HSHO #3

Comment

My dads friend had a GNX a couple years back paid like 18g's it had around 20,000 miles. It got stolen two weeks later :-(

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                  Frost White Member 13
                  My Ride
                  "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

oh shiiiittt thats in the next town over from me, im gunna pretend im interested and go test drive it

Comment

didnt tommy lee have some of those?

Comment

I was thinking 100k is way too much..but then I saw the details.

Never owned, never registered, never sold off the dealers lot pretty much, then held in storage its whole life. Less than 10 miles on the odo. Its brand new!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                          oh shiiiittt thats in the next town over from me, im gunna pretend im interested and go test drive it
                          look at the second part of post #6 trav!

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                            look at the second part of post #6 trav!
                            yea i saw it, i think that car is parked behind the honda/used car dealer in danbury. 1fastcb7 should know what im talking about. gnx at honda, nice

Comment

Yeah, GNX's were super rare, and quite fast too. Even the regular Grand Nationals were the fastest domestic production car at that time, excluding the GNX obviously (basically, faster than a Vette, lol). My dad worked for a Buick dealership when they came out, and said he only ever saw one of these. A semi dropped it off one evening, the general manager made sure it got put up on a lift so it wouldn't get stolen, and it continued to its destination the next morning. On a similar note, he said he did get in a bunch of normal GN's, people drove them really hard, and ended up messing up the turbos.

Comment

Working...
                              X