Why civics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why civics?

Kay, I checked and re-checked the posts and i didn't find anything like what I'm about to ask.

Why do so many kids pick honda civics to "supe" up? Yes, they have more easy bolt ons, more so then the accord. But that is only because they were made popular for racing anyway. So why pick civics? I used to own one. They aren't that quick. They come stock with enough horsepower to get you 32 in the city. Don't get me wrong, I love civics, mine saved me hundreds at the gas pump. But my accord smokes civic, lx's, dx's, ex's and even SI's all day and it's close to stock. I'm not asking this question to be a smart ass, I seriously am wondering. Hell, I might pick another one up for a work car. I'm just scared i'll get into a street light drag on the way to work in one.
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

vin diesel is to blame.

edit:
    "i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
    Last edited by minoreparations; 03-22-2006, 02:03 AM.

Comment

civic are cheap and their part are cheap. if some ones parents were to buy them a car the parents would want something reliable and not too expensive. when the kid sees that another civic that looks good they think to themselves "i could have my car looking like that". i think thats what starts all of the civic tuning.

Comment

light, small, easy to modify, lots of parts, cheap, dare I go on?
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          ^^He basically summed it up. Civics have a lot of aftermarket support just like tegs and such. Plus fast and the furious got it started too. You saw dem black civics runnin underneath those trucks thats mad tyte yo...imma go buy me a civic now.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

He said it all, on the civic forums when someone brings up an accord they call us boat anchors, its all about weight.
            Last edited by TysCb7; 03-22-2006, 03:19 AM.
            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

well what are you supposed to get? a corrola? ghey. i'd get a teggy...DA or DC2 at least. i'd never look at a civic, but they are just convenient choises for people with no originality and like paying tons on insruance just because it's a civic, and you have a penis.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                well what are you supposed to get? a corrola? ghey. i'd get a teggy...DA or DC2 at least. i'd never look at a civic, but they are just convenient choises for people with no originality and like paying tons on insruance just because it's a civic, and you have a penis.
                I wouldn't go that far...

Civics are cheap, and at this point there's such a huge knowledge base that even if you hate them you can't deny their ease of modability. Plus they're dumb light...a 2200# CB= not safe on the street, a 2200# EG= no A/C or P/S, but streetable. The CB is a challenge as it's heavier and there's less stuff for it...I guess that's a gift and a curse...but if you wanna go fast, it's a lot easier in a Civic.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I've wondered the same thing...a lot. I personally could find quite a few cars I'd rather tune in that price range. A 240SX, Golf, MR2, older BMW 3 Series (E30 or so), etc. I suppose they're light, around 2200lbs (for 1992-1995)...I just checked, didn't realize they were that light. I guess that's the main thing.

Comment

thats why i loved my EG.... soooo flippen easy to work on... plus parts were mad cheap and everywhere...

SOLD!

Comment

i know weight is important in regards to power..but fuck weight i eat civics up all day long power is power weight is only weight, i am glad my car is heavy, feels stronger, safer...a gutted out civic hatch will get tossed like a ping pong ball in a wreck. and anyways, its not like we can't make ours lighter, maybe not as light as the "almighty" civic but whatever. and don't make me out to be a civic hater, i would kill for a 99/00 Si. i am just a CB7 enthusiast

Comment

THIS IS WHY

http://b20vtec.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=palma

Comment

x10 on what everyone else has said...i miss my EK...parts are so prevalent that my buddies would give me parts...hard to find accord owners around here doing that...
                          Last edited by chile; 03-22-2006, 09:18 PM.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Nah....

Its because they never blow the welds on their intake manifolds...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                              Nah....

Its because they never blow the welds on their intake manifolds...

pssh... it happens to the best of us :P

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X