03 cm5 accord w/ k24a4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 cm5 accord w/ k24a4

mom and i just co signed one of these. and i saw only 3 threads that talked about the k24a4. I've been looking around for some basic add ons that will give it a little more pep. Although it does do rather well i can tell it can do more. It has the i-vtec, but i dont think it's the good one that kicks butt like old vtec, but i could feel that it still wanted to go at 6.5k. makes me wonder why they set the rev limiter so low on a vtec engine. i have been unfruitful when it comes for searching out any usefull information on this motor.

does anyone know much about the motor that would be usefull any known issues that i should look out for. Any thing that i can add to it or make it run like it seems to want to. I plan on getting the ngk g-power plugs and some accell wires for it (if that's even possible i have yet to look) and i'd like to chip the ecu if that's possible. I dont really wanna to spend more than like 500 on upgrades on it. cause mom is going to drive it mostly and she dont want it all "hopped up" like my cb7. i dont have hardly anything on the cb7 other than too much rust and and jurry rigged to make the car work.

thanx for anything usefull on this motor.
    WTB:
    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
    OR
    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

I know you can get them in the 14s with bolt ons...other than that I don't know nothing besides that they're ugly and heavy

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

There may be some minor things you could do but none of them would please Mom --- and she'd either notice or it wouldn't help. The plugs and wires it has are not only fine, but good enough.

Honestly, save your money. i-VTEC, as implemented on Accords, Elements, CR-Vs etc. only operates on the intake side. The reason it has a low rev limiter is because it doesn't make any real power up high. This isn't an artificially restricted engine just waiting for a few hundred $$ to spring forth 30hp.

This isn't what you want to hear, but I'd put that $500 towards CDs, an iPod, a car payment, better stereo, big box of condoms, hookers, booze, anything.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

That motor is nasty once you add the k20 head onto it but other than that there isn't much as far as the normal power adder to bump power. That motor with a better valvetrain (k20 head) can rev safely to 7500 or so.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

well now that is good news kinda. I'll look around for a k20 head. Maybe i can some how accidently crack this head by forgetting to add antifreeze. ..... "sorry mom i forgot, guess i'll find a new head and ecu" ...."ecu???" "yah the antifreeze fell on it and fried the ecu like french fries".... "well dont blow up anything."

hmm guess that will take some time. but looks like i'll just stick with a dry flow filter thing from aem and look for some headers on the car. i do like the way it takes off though. When i tromp on it in first it will start to try to squeel the tires. My biggest complaint so far is that when i shift quickly it wants to resist and then it will grind a bit, so i wont be doing that any more. guess honda took people like me into consideration. thanx guys for the info.
          WTB:
          88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
          OR
          90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

dont tell her your doin a head swap

Comment

Originally posted by floored
              dont tell her your doin a head swap
              What he said. The 7th gen Accords run COP so those accel wires aint gonna work. Rev limiter low? the old F22B1 didnt rev to like 6500 or something like that and it was a VTEC motor too. They probably didnt make it that high because most of the torque is coming out of midrange so no need to make it run higher. What is this old vtec stuff your talking about? The I-VTEC system adjusts to how you drive changin VTEC engagement constantly unlike the old VTEC system which is basically preset.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

oh heres my opinion, theres no ignition wires on the k-series. there coil on plug.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                  oh heres my opinion, theres no ignition wires on the k-series. there coil on plug.
                  x2

Also, since its the first year of the body style just search around the net for recalls and trouble spots.
                  All in all they are pretty good cars and i havent seen/heard anything bad about them just yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X