No announcement yet.

Project car contemplation... ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those curious.. here was the first setup.. meh buddy did..
    D.I.S system=distributorless ignition system
    GM ECM made into standalone
    non intercooled
    Chrysler T3
    ect ect

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

some more for u peepz to drool

johnny Qs 10sec 3g ON STOCK MOTOR!! HMMMM

him on the left

88TURBOAccords daily grinda hatchback R.I.P i forgot what happend but i think he crashed it..

now the only sedan with a swap i can appreciate...

thats his second white sedan.. his first one got crashed.. a part of the suspension came Loose i believe it was the nut on the lower control arm.. and he ended up going across four lanes and hitting a cement divider.. so yeh.. CPMIKE get that shit tightened if u havent!!

ok.. i think i gave yall a taste.. hehe

by the way.. motorwise none of them has spent over 5k. weith it be swapped with a b16a .. or turbo setup
      b16swap=3k or so
      turbo accord=ur resources but id say around 3k-4k
      Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-01-2004, 01:24 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

very nice man...goes to show, just cuz you have an older car don't mean u can't skool some people's asses
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The hatch is definitely my favorite... the rest are fugly, IMO...

I'd still love to make a project out of a 3G...

Comment

very true.. the owner of the first pic is working on a few lil things thats gonna shock the shit outta the honda community..
            lets just say..
            vtec+constant= ????

Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-03-2004, 10:23 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

VTEC+COnstant=RACE CAMS.

Give me my VTEC... Nothing is better than getting 25-30mpg with those little economy lobes, and having a beast over 5200rpm! Plus, low-end torque rules.

Comment

wrong deever..

VTEC+Constant= CVT figure out what that means and ull know..
                oh hell i cant wait for ur answer
                Constant Variable Timing mmmm i cant wait till thats done.. mmmmmmmm
                lol
                insted of just two modes like honda has its constantly tuning itself.. woot woot

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Ah, ok... VTEC+Constant wasn't all that clear... sounded like VTEC lobes all the time...

Is the CVT possible yet? I haven't heard of any successes yet... if so, that's nuts! Basically, properly tuned a sytem like that would be pulling top hp and tq numbers throughout the entire powerband!

Comment

beh.. its in the works.. time will tell.. sounds so sick doesnt it if that does work meh license plate would be VTEC THIS ahhaha

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

How about just about any 1975 or newer volvo and stuff a v-8 under the hood. That would be an incredible sleeper!!

http://www.converseengineering.com/

Comment

ahhh, "constant VTEC" eh? You guys are talking about solenoid operated valves (no camshafts), right. Computer controlled individual solenoids on every valve. Each one constantly changing valve lift and duration to get the the most horsepower, torque, and efficiency at all RPMs. Think of it....it is like "infinite" VTEC! Anyway, those 3rd gen pics kick ass. I've never seen anyone actually hot-rod one the RIGHT way....its usually just stickers and spray paint. How exactly was that D.I.S. setup? I think the late model B16 would kinda take the fun out of it tho. If I were to build one, I would definately stick with the A20......just to see how fast I could make it go. After seeing all those, I'm thinking maybe I need to do a 3rd gen, hmmm......
                        Last edited by mrhonda; 05-03-2004, 01:23 AM.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

MR.HONDA SHHHHH!!! DAMNIT! SHHHH! DL DL! LOL
                          i got some more gas im gonna add to the fire.. here ya go..
                          http://up.edu/~midehara/index.htm

12 secs on 14psi.. hmmm.. if i remember correctly sean ran 18psi before setting something loose.. tehhe.. not to mention thats a turbo carb/itb setup lol if it was on a F/Inj model im sure it would of produced more power.. kudos to him though.. shit..
                          im gonna upload the vid cause sometimes the website doesnt wanna load

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                            ahhh, "constant VTEC" eh? You guys are talking about solenoid operated valves (no camshafts), right. Computer controlled individual solenoids on every valve. Each one constantly changing valve lift and duration to get the the most horsepower, torque, and efficiency at all RPMs. Think of it....it is like "infinite" VTEC! Anyway, those 3rd gen pics kick ass. I've never seen anyone actually hot-rod one the RIGHT way....its usually just stickers and spray paint. How exactly was that D.I.S. setup? I think the late model B16 would kinda take the fun out of it tho. If I were to build one, I would definately stick with the A20......just to see how fast I could make it go. After seeing all those, I'm thinking maybe I need to do a 3rd gen, hmmm......
                            no distributor....uses multiple ignition coils,ECM,engine sensors,and a microcomputer to trigger spark plugs and adjust spark timing.....(4 cyl would use a coil pack containing 2 ignition coils.....cam sensor......crank sensor...knock sensor...etc)

advantages:....no dizzy or internal parts to burn crack or fail,
                            ....spark timimg computer controlled...
                            .backlash in timing chain(or gears) and distributor drive gears is eliminated,leads to greater accuracy in spark advance timing Crankshaft sensing is precise and not par of a secondary drive train....
                            Fewer seperate and moving parts,...makes system more reliable as far as wear and tear goes
                            requires less maintenance

Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-03-2004, 10:09 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

So what exactly is the weak point on that engine? I see that the link for that one car said it had upgraded pistons, but stock rods still... I used to have a 3g. That was my first car. I had no idea it really had any potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X