Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'08 Nsx

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=640875

Here is another link with more rumors about the upcoming NSX.

I will try to find the other thread and merge these, so that there is only one.

Latest rumors suggest a sneak peak at the Detroit auto show. Don't know if that will be 07 or 08 though.

They also say a 550HP 4.5L V10 in a FR/SH-AWD coupe. A competitor similar to the Aston Martins ETC.

Launch should coincide with Acura going global.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

sexy.. i like the aston martin like approach
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

that nsx is fuckin sweet. real sexy car. the new crv is ok just looks funny reminds me of a van with the lil hood
      cant wait till im all done

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN

I hope they stick with a refined version of this. The NSX is an MR coupe with a slinky "I'm a bonafide performance badass" appearence.

If this is indeed the new "NSX", I hope they change the name.

Honda actually has not confirmed anything but a V10 engine, officially rated at 500+ HP.

So everything else is speculation.

My hope is that the sketch I posted is an early design sketch of a coupe that will sit below the NSX.

Honestly though, I am not sure if they could make a financial case for an NSX or not. They didn't build very many, although they were probably making money to keep it in production for 15 years.

Comment

The HSC is badass love the design.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            The HSC is badass love the design.

I like pretty much everything but the tail light treatment.

I wish they would do the rear butress a little differently too. I am not sure how, but I think it detracts from the swept feel of the rest of the car.

Honestly, though, other than that, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              I like pretty much everything but the tail light treatment.

I wish they would do the rear butress a little differently too. I am not sure how, but I think it detracts from the swept feel of the rest of the car.

Honestly, though, other than that, I agree with you.
              The tail lights look alright as long as they didnt cut into the body for the other lights like the turn signals and such looks like someone took a pick or something and just knocked lil bits of parts off of it. But I do like how the centralized exhaust and how the front end looks. Plus those doors look badass but dont think they will make production but you never know.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i want a v10 powered honda

as long as someone else pays for the premium gas..
                1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
                  i want a v10 powered honda

as long as someone else pays for the premium gas..
                  Hondas are know to be economical/family cars not gas eaters plus if they would have done a 10 cylinder honda I wouldnt say its a honda cause its a biggass engine to be put in a honda and it just wouldnt look right
                  lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                  "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                  check out my mr thread
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

Originally posted by 90exaccord
                    Hondas are know to be economical/family cars not gas eaters plus if they would have done a 10 cylinder honda I wouldnt say its a honda cause its a biggass engine to be put in a honda and it just wouldnt look right
                    It's only 4.5L, they are already developing it, it will power the next NSX, and it will be competitive on fuel mileage.

Honda doesn't seem to compromise that value for anything.

Comment

Yeah, 4.5L in a V10 is much smaller than in most V10s. It should have decent gas mileage considering the power it will contain. I wonder what VTEC in a V10 would feel like...
                      Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

hott

Comment

I think the picture of the NSX in the link looks better than the one posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                            I think the picture of the NSX in the link looks better than the one posted above.

I don't mind the one in the link, but I will be severly pissed off if they change it to FR from MR.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4bandit
                              Yeah, 4.5L in a V10 is much smaller than in most V10s. It should have decent gas mileage considering the power it will contain. I wonder what VTEC in a V10 would feel like...

Besides, the other thing I was thinking about.

Everybody makes fun of Hondas for being slow and expensive to mod.

They really aren't expensive if you know what you are doing, and they aren't nearly as slow as everyone wants to pretend either.

If you can't tear up a 1.8 liter 4 banger in your 502 powered Chevelle, you should go shoot yourself for being an idiot.

Of course, then we add some turns to the equation, and the game changes completely.

Once Honda actually starts to get their V8 and V10 in production and they start outperforming other "superior" cars by a wide margin, it will be a lot harder to shit on them all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X