Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 Corvette SS

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...et-corvette-ss

EDMUNDS - DETROIT — Corvette rumors are as rampant these days as tabloid stories about Nick and Jessica. But aficionados' antennae are picking up emanations from deep inside General Motors that Chevrolet is readying an ultra Vette for 2008 that should outgun the new Z06. According to the Web site, DigitalCorvettes.com, the so-called Corvette SS will be the ultimate Vette, although details at this stage are pretty slim. The rumor mill has a "charged" LS9 engine under the hood as a Corvette exclusive, not to be shared with Cadillac, Pontiac or any other GM brand. Although smaller in displacement than the massive 7.0-liter LS7, the blown LS9 allegedly will churn out more than 600 horsepower — considerably more muscle than the 500-hp Z06. One insider claims the new Super Vette is not the long-rumored "Blue Devil" car and, in fact, insists that no running prototypes exist yet.
    Our shooter claims that the sound coming from the engine could only be a supercharged 6.2-liter V8, and our sources speculate that this Corvette is pushing nearly 650 horsepower! And when the Corvette SS goes to production – expect the price tag to be in the $100,000 range (appr. 85 000 Euros). The supercharged V8 will utilize an integrated intake manifold intercooler, and it’s expected to run 0-100 in under 3.5 seconds. The super-hot SS will weigh even less than the Z06, utilizing more carbon fibre in the body, as well as polycarbonate material. The 6.2-liter V8 will be built at GM's Performance Center in Wixom, Michigan, with annual production numbers expected to be in the 1500 to 2000 range. Production on the Supercharged Corvette, also known as the Blue Devil, will start in the first quarter of 2008 (as a 2009 model). As for its exact name – well, we’re hearing everything from Corvette SS, to Z07, from Blue Devil to resurrecting the Stingray name!

dude i love that front fender from a rear shot.

the car looks hot.

Comment

I liiikkkkkkeeeee!!!
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

There were pictures of the car a few weeks ago..

Supposedly they were shipping them over to Germany for testing, and one of the shipping people snapped pics. They were two red ones, and they had underhood shots aswell. From what I remember from the article, they are using the escalade engine and supercharging it for whatever reason.

Of course it also said that the person who took the pics was fired, and they are going after him in court for taking the pics.

Comment

Sweet jesus look at the width one one of those rear tires...figure it would be you npor to post something like this....lol
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

If the Canadian Gov't bans importation of JDM's, I am so buying one of these. Err wait. I think I like the Bimmer and its twin snails more. Sigh.

Comment

it looks the FUCKING SAME

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

but...but its got a new hat!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I wanna see under the hood of that vette.
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

k

It looks as though the exhaust tips house internal butterfly valves which would allow the engineers, and hopefully owners, to adjust just how much of the car's supercharged roar makes its way into the ears of awe struck bystanders.

Comment

i liked the name blue devil instead of SS.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

I thought the regular corvette had exhaust butterflies? I remember seeing a feature on TV while they were building/designing it.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

MSRP is supposed to be upwards of 150gs. Now dealer markup...thats another story.

That car will destroy pretty much anything thats triple its cost. I must say American motors are making a comeback. That is, of course, until they breakdown at 50k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                            MSRP is supposed to be upwards of 150gs. Now dealer markup...thats another story.

That car will destroy pretty much anything thats triple its cost. I must say American motors are making a comeback. That is, of course, until they breakdown at 50k miles.

wow... thats a lot of money for a name that drops mad $ when you roll off the lot.... man.. O.... Man.....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Doitagain
                              wow... thats a lot of money for a name that drops mad $ when you roll off the lot.... man.. O.... Man.....
                              The C5's are dirt cheap now man. I don't get it either.

There is also another trim coming out called the Blue Devil. Thats another monster on the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X