Civic Cylinder Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civic Cylinder Head

A friend of mines has a 1991 Civic LX, His cylinder head has some bent valves and he wants to change the head.

The stock engine in there is the D15xx.

Now here are my questions:

What are the prefix after the D15? Is it D15A1 or D15B1 or what?

Will the D15xx non vtec head all the way up to year 2000 fit on the block?

He is just looking to do a stock replacement, So which head would be the best option?

I think its the D15a1. I know the d15b is the vtec version but I doubt you want that one. Never heard of a d15b1, but D15a1 should be the right prefix. As for it fitting all the way to 2000 maybe but diff might be a couple of sensors. Since most D block related parts are interchangeable.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      I think its the D15a1. I know the d15b is the vtec version but I doubt you want that one. Never heard of a d15b1, but D15a1 should be the right prefix. As for it fitting all the way to 2000 maybe but diff might be a couple of sensors. Since most D block related parts are interchangeable.
      Thats the thing, I been trying to figure out which head would just fit with no problems but I am having a hard time finding a good condition D15A head. So I wanted to know what other choices are out there that can keep it stock.

Comment

I wonder if a d16 head might fit. That would be something to look into. Plus there are plenty of those laying around.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Swap that shit with a B18. I know everyone does it, but there is a reason everyone does it
          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593
            Swap that shit with a B18. I know everyone does it, but there is a reason everyone does it

Dumbass^^

anyway

i had a d15b8 motor in my car...im almost positive any dseries head you use will work...BUT you may run into problems..ie have to use diff distributor/timing belt..since im ditching d series i dont kno to much about them any,more...id suggest this link http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1998336

and or just searching through hondoogle.com or on hondatech ajnd other forums

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              A friend of mines has a 1991 Civic LX, His cylinder head has some bent valves and he wants to change the head.

He is just looking to do a stock replacement, So which head would be the best option?
              i got a sohc vtec head for sale. if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...201511924&rd=1

Comment

Is it DPFI? If so, then it's a D15B2.

88-91 DX/LX civics came with D15B2's.

I'm sure any D series head would fit. The only problem you'd run into, is using the correct lower timing gear and timing belt.

Do your friend a favor and swap the entire engine out for any mpfi engine. They're a dime a dozen and the swap will be worth it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

I'm sure any D series head would fit. The only problem you'd run into, is using the correct lower timing gear and timing belt.

Do your friend a favor and swap the entire engine out for any mpfi engine. They're a dime a dozen and the swap will be worth it.
                  any d-series will work. as long as its a d-series it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

He doesn't care about speed, all he wants is a reliable car.
                    The car is auto also, so there is little chance of any performance.

The civic is also fuel injected. I just wanted to be sure that all of the heads bolt together. I don't want to go out and buy a head and it doesn't fit.

Comment

I think any D-cylinder up to the 05 year will fit.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Sound like minime frank
                        wat?

Comment

He doesn't care about speed, all he wants is a reliable car.
                          The car is auto also, so there is little chance of any performance.

The civic is also fuel injected. I just wanted to be sure that all of the heads bolt together. I don't want to go out and buy a head and it doesn't fit.
                          DPFI is fuel injection, just dual, instead of multi port.

Comment

i had a 92 d15B7 single cam fuel injection.

really any engine will work the vtech single cam version is the y8 series.

but honestly, if u got bent valves there might be a possiable that his pistons is messed up. from my experience the 1d series engines rings are shot after 150,000 miles. best bet is swap the engine man.
                            1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
                              i had a 92 d15B7 single cam fuel injection.

really any engine will work the vtech single cam version is the y8 series.

but honestly, if u got bent valves there might be a possiable that his pistons is messed up. from my experience the 1d series engines rings are shot after 150,000 miles. best bet is swap the engine man.
                              first off, it's VTEC.

2nd, there is more than 1 vtec single cam d series. D15B, D16Z6/Y8 just to name a few.

Never, ever swap to a Y8/7 motor. They're the devil.

Comment

Working...
                              X