• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

too bad about the accident...

nice work though. it's gonna be so fresh when you're done.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Read through man clean ce1. Never seen those tail lights in person though on any ce1.

Sucks about the accident but it looks like it didn't phase you. Admire the moderation to keep this wag alive. Keep up the good work !

Comment

thanks dudes. its getting there, little by little. cant spend too much time on it. got other stuff to do too. like house repairs, dealing with women, & other of lifes stuff. but Ill try to have the exterior OK, & the interior done by AFM.

now 1st real pics sense paint job. note: I havent gotten the time to get a lip.

HIDs so bright

new window regulators, just cuz

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Do I spot an SIR rear lip? hmmm

Comment

new progress!

right after paint...

1st from the FLaccords Daytona meet...

goodbye old engine...

finally got the last gray interior parts...

reinstalled the visors with some silicone, 3m tape, and clips...

freshly cut and painted rotors

new micro HIDs...

new CL cluster...

got some new japan spec headlights (corners were on their way)...

and the final product at AFM12...

so sum it all up heres whats new...
              JDM headlights with corners
              EDM front sidemarkers
              full gray interior from donor CE1
              OEM security light
              fresh paint again
              new wiper crowl with clips and seal
              new hood seal up front
              new 96/97 bumper
              new door weather seals
              new door opening trim
              new front window trim
              fresh paint on rotors
              Last edited by Night Wolf; 12-21-2012, 01:24 AM.

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Thanks for the hospitality Gus. I'm a huge fan of the progress you've made with your projects... including your home. Hope to see you again soon.

Comment

thanks again bro.

updates...
                  my temp sensors took a shit. its reading the car as being cold, even in traffic. so until I get a new one, Im suck with the car always trying to "warm up" when Im stopped.

plus, my coolant line caps burst on me while driving. luckily I had some spares...

also, my new micro HIDs were acting up. one side kept dieing out. finally I moved the ballast to a more secure area, and plugged in a harness extender...

finally, the ESP A/T to M/T mount is driving me nuts. the inner steel tube was made too short. so when I torqued it to spec, the mount arms pinched the poly inserts. and over time it broke clean off. now it feels like Im riding a tractor with how much it vibrates. cuz the metal mount is up against the metal mount arms. if you see in the pic, even the paint is coming off. gotta hit up ESP about this...

I had the same issue with the timing belt side. I hard to get another mount insert plus steel inner tube. but even the new inner tuber for that mount is slightly too small still. as you can tell by the pinched poly insert in this pic. its only a matter of time before it also gets cut...

there is one good pic. and thats of the interior center console...

Comment

the plugs from the old idle sensor cooler line nipples burst after a couple hundred miles. need stronger ones...

going euro...

ESP mount broke even more FTL!...

Comment

recently I had my drivers side window go bad during a rain storm. it got stuck down. also my passenger one also started to go bad too. so I replaced both front ones. total was $270, but at least theyre new and work perfectly. which is more than I can say for the old generic ones from china below...

Comment

so I changed the mount insert. this is how it looked...

luckily, I had filled the cavity between the inserts with polyurethane...

new inserts, already pinched...

next project was replacing the PS-rack and adding PS back to the car. sense I take it on road trips alot. first step was to take out the intake manifold, sense those dam PS-rack hard lines were almost seized on. couldn't move the tools around with the intake manifold in the way...

first replacement rack...

had to crush the inner balljoint locker washer myself, sense this napa PS rack didn't have it done...

then the new PS-rack leaked right after. so I had to pull the intake manifold off again, then swap out the rack for the 2nd time. the leak I found...

once the 2nd new rack was on, I aligned the steering wheel to perfection...

gave the PS system all new hoses, rack bushings, steering wheel shaft seals, large aftermarket cooler, and a new PS reservoir, sense the honda reservoir is also the PS system filter. plus its shiny white...

my busy work area...

so to sum it up, I added new...
                        PS rack
                        PS reservoir
                        all PS hoses
                        larger PS cooler
                        intake manifold gaskets
                        replaced one ESP mount insert
                        down pipe gaskets

more to come
                        Last edited by Night Wolf; 11-14-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Man, a lot of work into this wagon. I've never heard of anyone painting rotors. it doesn't gum up the pads?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I first took them off, and painted them. then rode it like that. but it caused chatter as the paint on the pad contact surface was scrapped away by the pad under braking. so I pulled them out again, and repainted them. then cut the pad contact surface of the dish with the brake rotor lathe. looked like it came out of the box already painted lol. so clean, and fresh looking. plus, it still hasnt rusted. the rotors paint is just as shiny and clean as day one.

oh and heres a vid of the leaky PS-rack I got from napa...
                            Last edited by Night Wolf; 11-14-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I did a little wiring. decided to make the inner highlight bulbs DRL and an extra set of highbeams. but for that I need to do a lot of rewiring. so I also cleaned up the harnesses...

left side before, started taking the wire loom off...

left side during work, had to add 2 relays to make it work. too bad I had no more relay plugs...

left side after making it all neat, securing it all...

I had to use two 10w temporary resistors to cut the bulbs watts from 55w to 35w. these suckers get up to 300*F. hence why its up against metal. gunna get heat sinked ones soon...

this is the inner lights under DRL mode...

now started on the right side...

so many damn wires...

2 relays added for the headlight mod. I gave both sides separate relays. plus one to control both sides, for a total of 5. the other two relays in this pic are for the fog harness, and the cornering lamp...

right side almost done cleaning it up...

now both sides with DRLs on. they come on with ignition. btw notice the beefy PS system cooler...

now I added my 4th gen accord parking/bumper pole Ive had for years. but first I had to repair it. the plastic holder for the clutch spring broke, so I placed 2 thick washer over it. that kept the spring pressed down, activating the clutch on it...

all installed, got the bracket to work with the 5th gen bumper. its even bolted on. notice how I had to cut back the fiberglass reinforcement a bit along the bottom. but not the top. that holds the bumper skin on...

also forgot to post my new cruise control set/resume and accel/decel buttons. its only temp till I invent a neater easy to reach set up.
                              Last edited by Night Wolf; 12-25-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

2 YEAR UPDATE, NEW SPECS ON PG1 TOO...

Latest Mod. Acura CL 3.0 center console...

And pics from the last AFM'14 meet...

Newer pics coming soon...
                                Last edited by Night Wolf; 11-06-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X