• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh shit it is....good eye haha

I have a few in there and thought they were all behind the box

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Just found this thread and gotta say...awesome jy find! Will have to keep an eye on this one-I would love to have a Cressida but they are super rare around my area. Good luck with the swap!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightpearl91 View Post
        Just found this thread and gotta say...awesome jy find! Will have to keep an eye on this one-I would love to have a Cressida but they are super rare around my area. Good luck with the swap!
        This is exactly what I was thinking right now as well. lol!!!!! Keep up the good work man!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Thanks guys...check back after this weekend....hopefully will have some updates

This came in the other day

The cats a bit if a picture whore

Comment

Started the swap last weekend....and gotta take back saying this swap is comparable to the h22 swap....the only thing comparable is with the proper mounts its easy to bolt up...the motor.....transmission....wiring....eveyrthing else is time consuming and you really gotta know what your doing

We got the 7m and auto transmission out saturday....then spent most of sunday hammering the tranny tunnel for the r154 to fit in and cleaning up the engine bay and fucking around with the wiring harness....and fixing up some other things that might as well have been fixed while the motors out.....Id say were about 30-35% done the swap....I still have probably at least another couple weekends of work ahead of me.

7m by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

cress-7m by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

cress-7m front by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

7m-out1 by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

7m-out2 by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

7m-finger by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr
            Fuck the 7m

1j-move by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr
            only way to move a 450 pound motor

Heres the motor mounted (still has to come out again as the trannys not in and I need to replace belts/pullys/seals)...we just put it in to get it out of the way....and to make sure it actually fit as it was supposed to.

And heres a short video of the fun we had hammering the tunnel:

Thats my brother in law....took us a solid 2-3 hours of hammering....switching back and forth....not fun when you have very little room to swing
            Last edited by King James; 07-13-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I want your cat lol.

I can only imagine how awesome that exhaust is going to sound.

I've seen so many 1JZ videos on youtube, and I gotta say, the 1JZ has to be one of the greatest sounding import motors out there.

Comment

Ya that cats cool....can be a bit bitchy at times....but she likes her food (as shown by her big ass gut)...so as long as thats in plentiful supply shes generally happy

The 1j is a sexy sounding motor....apart from a few BMW motors and high end exotics I cant think of many motors that sound better....I bought the exhaust for 2 reasons....Ive always wanted to use it on my past cbs (even bought it for the last one....just never installed it) and cuz its quiet....so it wont draw any attention to me....and it wont drown out the sound of the motor haha

I bought some more parts yesterday.....mainly shit for the transmission like seals and mounts as they were both in shitty shitty shape

This swap just keeps getting more and more expensive....I used to compare it to the h22 swap in both cost and in ease of install...but everyday is proving that to be false....an h22 can be installed for not much more cost than just the motor and few maintenance items....this swap just keeps on piling up the costs for parts I need.

That being said the end result is going to more satisfying than an h22 swap (i hope anyways)...I cant wait to tap into the potential of this motor.

Comment

Loved these cars as a kid, Nice pickup and good luck with the future plans
                  Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Give some updates on this nice looking car.

Comment

Updates are likely to come to a stand still

Life has gotten in the way....I broke up with my girlfriend recently so that has diverted most of my attention away from the build....I still plan on finishing it soon as I have most of the parts needed but Im going to take some time away from things and re-examine my life and where its headed...as cliche as it sounds.

Perhaps in the future once I figure some shit out Ill come back with an update

Comment

Sorry to hear about that man, hopefully you did the breaking up with instead of the other way around.

But your 1JZ swap is nice. My wife has a 86 supra with the 7MGE engine and it leaks oil everywhere and it's generally a PITA! You should have a very nice car to drive around once your all done.

On the supras, at least, I've found that the interiors are very delicate and tend to get destroyed easily if you have leather, if you have the cloth just keep it clean and it should be ok.
                        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

It was sorta mutual....but still at times sucks....but this is life and at times life sucks.

An update....Last weekend tried to get the motor and transmission in place in the car as I finally received the trans mount (shoulda seen the old one haha)...went to put the clutch and pp on and realized something wasnt right....I was missing some washers and retaining clips to keep the clutch release bearing on the pp....I bought the pp/clutch and flywheel off a guy on the supra forums he said he bought it from driftmotion and never used it...never took anything out of the box....it was as if it came directly from driftmotion...but this is a lie as when you buy the set from them they include everything you need...meaning clutch release bearing and washers are included....neither of which were....so while the guy didnt exactly scam me...he didnt exactly help me out either....fucker.

So ya we pretty much wasted a day getting everything together to come to this conclusion....so now its back to waiting for more parts in the mail....and the wait is gonna be awhile as canada post is on strike.

What we did get done is all seals and belts were replaced on the engine....as well as the water pump and all pulleys.

We also took the entire rear subframe out as my differential wasnt working....We got it all apart and took the cress diff out and there wasnt a single drop of oil in it haha....my fault for cheaping out and not checking everything when I put it on the road briefly last summer....lots of metal flying around in there lol

Luckily I have an mk3 lsd diff waiting to go in.

Ill try to keep you guys updated as this progresses....but Im not on here as much as I used to be....life is taking over haha
                          Last edited by King James; 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Here's a picture when I was all excited thinkin it was ready to go...then had to take it apart

And I'm not sure if you can see but...tons of metal in my diff lol

Comment

wow nice i wish i could find a car this clean at a junkyard
                              Nerotenzo@aol.com

Facebook me

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Nerotenzo

Comment

Cant wait to see it finished!!!

Deffinantly gonna need some video

Comment

Working...
                                X