No announcement yet.

cuate01221 : 1974 Toyota Corolla Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice corolla. I had a 74 te27 before with a 3tc engine and trans with the old school solex mikuni. Custom race header and big cam and high comp pistons too. My friend had a 72 te27 with similar setup like mine but ported heads and webers and ran a mid 13. I'm sure u guys will hit 13's easy. Especially with that rear end, it will hook up like nothing. I love these old manga cars. That's gonna b my future race car one day. Try to find bumpers from a older corolla, they are sick. Nice and small and chrome. Good shit man. I love it. Makes me miss my old corolla. And as for those carbs, once they are properly adjusted, you do not need to mess with them anymore. I you ever get rid of the carbs, I'll buy it. No joke. Keep it up man.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

I didn't see the fender flares. Get some from an s5 and you're set.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
        Nice corolla. I had a 74 te27 before with a 3tc engine and trans with the old school solex mikuni. Custom race header and big cam and high comp pistons too. My friend had a 72 te27 with similar setup like mine but ported heads and webers and ran a mid 13. I'm sure u guys will hit 13's easy. Especially with that rear end, it will hook up like nothing. I love these old manga cars. That's gonna b my future race car one day. Try to find bumpers from a older corolla, they are sick. Nice and small and chrome. Good shit man. I love it. Makes me miss my old corolla. And as for those carbs, once they are properly adjusted, you do not need to mess with them anymore. I you ever get rid of the carbs, I'll buy it. No joke. Keep it up man.
        Ya I would love to find the bumpers from a 72. The 74 bumpers look big and clumsy so we took them off. As for the fender flares I'm not a big fan of them. I like to have the sleeper look although this isn't really a sleeper lol We hit low 14s with 12 year old mickey thompson street tires on 14" supras haha It didn't want to go!! I was about to open the door and start pushing with my foot to get the dam thing to move!!
        Super bad quality but it's better than nothing haha if it actually got of the line it could've beat that mustang easily!

Comment

Oh I c. Lol. That car must sound really mean at idle.

Comment

This is probably a dumb question...

a wheelie bar? how in the world does that little motor make enough torque to lift the front of the car??? or are you spraying in 1st?

sorry I am just confused...

Comment

Take care of her man! and I didn't know there was another 15 year old here (I'm 15) lol. Sick car.
              Last edited by 1990accordex-r; 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                This is probably a dumb question...

a wheelie bar? how in the world does that little motor make enough torque to lift the front of the car??? or are you spraying in 1st?

sorry I am just confused...
                We havn't sprayed the nitrous yet but you can see the wheelie bar is working in one of the pictures. These motors make alot of torque and with a ford 9" with posi the thing takes off like a beast!!

Comment

UPDATE: This week we received a new block with high compression pistons(don't know the ratio) for free, The rear end was removed and the differential was in pieces!! Wish I still had the video from when it broke, anyway we just ordered new axles, roll cage tubing, and new webers! Also got a free 466 diff with posi, and new msd system! Free mods are always the best. I will take pics as soon as I get to the garage tomorrow and upload them sunday night

Comment

Diantre esta chulo! lol yo one of my biggest pride is being Rican, i love the creations we build. My uncle has a 64 Ford Cortina with a 300zx engine (z31) and the thing is a beast!
                    dont mean to thread jack but that it be nice to share since these bad boys

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                      Diantre esta chulo! lol yo one of my biggest pride is being Rican, i love the creations we build. My uncle has a 64 Ford Cortina with a 300zx engine (z31) and the thing is a beast!
                      dont mean to thread jack but that it be nice to share since these bad boys
                      Thing is sexy! Havn't gotten any pics yet since we have had company from Puerto Rico but I'm getting to it haha

Comment

New rear end with my buddies axles

New block that we received for free (Crankshaft was no good)

Adjustable cam gear that was included with the block

Bottom end of the block

Pistons were like new but were running way to rich! Tops were covered with carbon!

Comment

New update- The custom coil over suspension isn't happening since the gas tank gets in the way and we want to keep this as original as we can. Anyway I did take out the old rear shocks to remove the diff and they were long gone! Couldn't believe they were original!! It's amazing nobody changed them in 36 years!

Comment

So we got the differential cut last week and it looks great! Axles came in and would not fit. I counted and found out they sent us a 35 spindle axle instead of the 33 spindle we asked for. Now we will not be testing it this weekend!. On the bright side, the drum-disk swap is complete with e-brake and all. New engine will be ready from the machine shop soon! Bored the original 83mm block out to 89mm! Although the sleeves will not be so strong, this is just our test block until we gather parts for the 2rz swap next year hopefully. I am just finishing polishing the valve cover and then hopefully I can get to the garage some time this week for some pics

Comment

Finally got her to turn on today!! Thing started and ran perfect! The new block consists of 89mm high compression pistons compared to the old 86mm low compression pistons, a more aggressive cam, and Golden Eagle connecting rods!

Just the head and block

After installing webers and header

Got the valve cover on

And now a few videos

First time the motor was started

Last edited by cuate01221; 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: Got home from the Pan American Nationals yesterday and was pleased with the outcome. Ran 14.2 all motor even when I missed 3rd 4 times(forgot tranny had no oil and ran like that all weekend) On Friday my father took the first pass and broke the welds of the differential brackets right in half! We ended up takeing off the differential and welded the brackets back together and added some extra support. I then got it and ran 14.6 still missing 3rd. I then went again after I set the tires to 10psi and ran a 14.2. On Sunday my father took it for the competition but we dialed in at 14.0 and he ran 15.6 since he missed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lmao. Over all we had a shitload of fun and saw some awsome cars run! Will upload the videos once I get my camera back! For now here are some pics of the differential work we had to do.

This is the effect of breaking those brackets
                                Last edited by cuate01221; 07-20-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X