X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Are in the military now? I knew you were a Honda tech for awhile. My former boss become a Honda rep out there in Washington state.
    Nope, not military. I met a girl and chose to move to Europe. Best choice I've ever made.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    I miss chuckanut drive. Such a beautiful drive. The E30 looks great
    Me too! Chukanut was almost literally in my backyard and I used to go up and back just for giggles like every day. I'll be back to cruise that road one day.

And thanks. Wish I had it here with me. trying to pick up an E36 over here. They're dirt cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    I miss chuckanut drive. Such a beautiful drive. The E30 looks great

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Are in the military now? I knew you were a Honda tech for awhile. My former boss become a Honda rep out there in Washington state.

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    Because i'm on there all the time

It has some nonsense but it has good stuff too. I like it
    Nah, mostly nonsense. R3V forums is where you get the good info.

Didn't you sell that E30 M3 you found? Damn shame IMO. Would have been worth triple now but damn what a car. IDK if i could have sold it.

Well this car is in storage now. Chillin' in AZ staying warm and dry while im in Germany. Going to port it over eventually...so i can blend in on sie autobahn!

Leave a comment:

• Tippey764
    replied
    Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
    I am not. Much like the old CB7Tuner FB page, it's full of nonsense.

why do you ask?
    Because i'm on there all the time

It has some nonsense but it has good stuff too. I like it

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    Just curious, are you on the R3v facebook page?
    I am not. Much like the old CB7Tuner FB page, it's full of nonsense.

why do you ask?

Leave a comment:

• Tippey764
    replied
    Just curious, are you on the R3v facebook page?

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by cb9love View Post
    How do you decide which machine to drive in the morning?
    Kinda easy right now, the bimmer!...but that's not to say i wouldn't choose the CB, i just don't have the option right now since it's in Oregon and i'm in Washington.

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    I see you bought from BAV Auto. There about 45 min northeast of where I live.

good work with your e30
    You must be referencing the plug wires...i actually got them second hand from a buddy parting a crashed E30 sedan. They had like 100miles on them so i snagged em. But i did get my mudflaps from BavAuto!

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    I see you bought from BAV Auto. There about 45 min northeast of where I live.

good work with your e30

Leave a comment:

• cb9love
    replied
    How do you decide which machine to drive in the morning?

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by XCRN View Post
    I still have none

I see a Bentley back there, best investment ever.
    Keep looking! and yes, a Bentley repair manual is an awesome resource to have. I always reference it first before doing a repair/modification.

New exhaust clip from my dash cam. Quality took a dive after going thru movie maker and flickr. meh

~3/4 throttle pull onto the freeway then a quick clip of a twisty section, that wasn't overly crowded, on chukanut.

https://flic.kr/p/tnq8FW

The bikes didn't want to play...which is kind of lame since they were the ones who cleared the road by flashing and waving at people to pull over for them. Once i caught up i guess they had lost their motivation.

I'm really impressed by the noise it makes now. Not too loud, not too quiet. Plus as a super duper added bonus the IE long tubes actually got rid of the gnarly drone i had with the cast manifolds that had been merged into a single 2.5" collector. Around 2400-2900RPM there used to be a noticeable bass-heavy drone. Not anymore. Just sounds throaty throughout the entire rev range. I like.

Wrinkle black on my valve cover and a shot of my E30 at the beach...

Went to the beach.

Leave a comment:

• XCRN
    replied
    I still have none

I see a Bentley back there, best investment ever.

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
    Got my gearswitch E30 ultimate cupholder. it's pretty neat. now i have 3, count em', THREE cupholders. yeah. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DAKOTADEMON7 View Post
    Super sweet e30. I love the E30's. I've had an 86 325es and a 91 318is. I still miss the 318is to this day. I would love to get another 91 318is.
    Thanks man. I don't think i'd get rid of this one. Especially not with the market the way it is now. It's insane! That 318is would be hard to find for less than 4k in decent condition..Best of luck finding one.

New seats and interior! Corbeau GTS II in full suede. E30 specific brackets by Corbeau with double locking sliders. Got them for a crazy good price from my buddy in AZ who is a distributor. Paid less for my seats, shipped to my door, in suede, with double locking sliders AND brackets, than what a pair of just the base seats in cloth go for on amazon. Also installed all the black door cards i've been holding onto as well as the rear ski-pass...just need a clean black seat bottom and maybe some rear headrests.

Got my gearswitch E30 ultimate cupholder. it's pretty neat. now i have 3, count em', THREE cupholders. yeah. 8-)

Got the Ireland Engineering race headers installed.
    Click for exhaust clip. The mic on the iphone makes it seems raspy. there's still no rasp even with the IE race headers.

They sound amazing. Can hear the individual exhaust pulses now. Really sounds great. This clip does it no justice but gives you an idea. Feels like i lost a bit of low end but the mid range and top end are much more robust. Been having a blast cruising around lately.

Phone pic of the headers after a dozen heat cycles or so. Most of the black coating has come off. Going to hit them with some high temp paint soon.

Leave a comment:

• DAKOTADEMON7
    replied
    Super sweet e30. I love the E30's. I've had an 86 325es and a 91 318is. I still miss the 318is to this day. I would love to get another 91 318is.

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by XCRN View Post
    Cool stuff! I did not realize you had smileys on these. What kind of tinkering to the headlights will you be doing?
    I've got a custom bracket/mount kit ("DEPO" style) made by SquaredMotorwerks (http://squared-motorwerks.myshopify.com/) for a pair of Morimoto mini H1 6.0's. Plus i need to wire up the actual high-beams. Was actually thinking of deleting the high-beam on the driver's side in preparation for a ram-air set up.

Here's an exhaust clip. Last bit is after the MAF+tune and 19# injectors were installed.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/108410544@N07/w621F1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X