Clear All

Trickedaccord92 : 1983 Chevy S10

Picked it up for $700 yesterday.

Engine and trans:
    2.8 v6
    stock automatic tranny
    *see future plans* Stage 2

Suspension:
    Backyard lowered the wrong way (previous owner completely removed springs from the front) and just flipped the rear leafs
    *see future plans* Stage 1

Exterior:
    Rattle can flat black fading and chipping on original white paint and 15" steel wheels. One small rust spot at bottom corner of cab on passenger side.
    *See future plans* Stage 3

Future plans ...
    Stage 1: DONEOrdering new lowering shocks, lowering springs, spindles, and ball joints for the front later this week. I want to keep the ride height but do it the right way. New leaf springs and drop blocks for the back. New tires and brakes. All of this should be happening over the next few weeks.

Stage 2: Tax time complete 350 crate motor and transmission. New rear-end, axle, and everything needed for swap. This should be done next spring.

Stage 3: Body and paint. Staying with a ratrod look I will start over the next few weeks but likely won't be finished for a while. Paint will be flat black chalk board style, Lime green steel wheels with white walls, and lime green engine block to be done when engine is swapped.

Stage 4: New chrome where needed, engine dress up, and interior. I plan on this being a 5 year project that I will be finishing before my oldest son turns 16.

The truck will be a gift to him as well as a reward for keeping his grades and all good throughout school.
    Last edited by trickedaccord92; 08-15-2014, 03:59 PM.

New Belltech drop coils, spindles, and shocks as well as upper and lower ball joints ordered today. They will be installed Friday by LineX here in Tullahoma, TN. Costing me a total of $698 for parts and labor but I think it will ride much better when done. It currently has a 5 inch drop in the front with no springs, busted shocks, and crap ball joints so it will come up an inch or two with all the new parts installed but it should stay pretty even with the back end.

Comment

New front suspension is done and the front end came up a couple of inches but it looks even with the back and rides like a dream now.

Comment

Working...
      X