aero: 2001 AP1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aero: 2001 AP1

Well, the cb7 was sold... tuned by the buyer, and put on ebay. Who knows where it is now. I was hoping for it to stay local, but not sure where it'll be now. I got sick of the vibration problem that it was having, I dont think the guy fixed that before he put it up on ebay (of course, leaving out all the problems it did have).

But, I finally got one of the cars I have always wanted. I was looking for a manual is300 or an s2k, and found an s2k, as the manual is300s are pretty rare. Not to mention, I wanted to diversify our current Honda lineup. (91 accord, 97 accord, 97 civic, 06 ridgeline, and now 01 s2000).

It has 30k on it, and is like new. Silverstone Silver with black leather.

I only have crappy pics right now, but figured I would make a public thread since I was sporting the sig pic. I will be still around, since I still work on a cb7 once in a while when my bro breaks something on his, not to mention.. know the dang cars inside out.

Driving over the Sunshine Skyway bridge in Tampa...

On I-275 leaving Tampa

Filling up with gas... it was only 3.09 for Premium... WTF!?!

nice man yea im somewhat lookng for a 5spd is300 or an s2k ou there in cali theres a few in decent prices as for the is300 5spd they only started having htose in 02 and up which made it kinda rare since alot of ppl have 01's
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Siiicckkkk!! What a good gain from the cb7, not to diss the cb7's but I think i'd take an S2k over the cb anyday. Good pickup man, hope she treats you well!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
      ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

^^i'd take an s2k over the majority of cars...anyday lol. i know they're not spectacular but they're one of my favorite cars. if only i had the money to buy one... lol sweet car tho dude. your lucky.

Comment

nice brandon!!! the AP1 S2 is my second fav car at the moment.

sooo, you gunna trick it out?! lol.

Comment

Thanks all...

As far as modding it... Im trying to not do that for as long as possible. Because we all know that a cold air intake only leads to lowering, wheels, turbo...etc.

So we shall see. Its definately a nice car, the only real complaint I have so far is visibility. Obviously with the top down, no problem, but with it up, the rear window isnt really much. As long as its not raining... its not a problem though since its top down!

Transmission is a bit different from the accord... 6 speeds, and the throws are pretty insane. Its a bit notchy, but feels very nice and solid.

edit: and just as I said I wont mod it... I think I will be looking into a hardtop since it makes the visibility problem go away. (You can keep the soft top on and retracted while the hard top is on, so just pop off the hard top, and still have no top, or the soft one.
            Last edited by aero; 08-08-2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

i like a lot, 240hp from a 4 banger that's insane!

Comment

Very good choice for the upgrade

Comment

can you say mugen hardtop?
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I think pretty much all convertibles visibility sucks with the soft top on. But congrats on the S2k, such a beautiful car, and a roomy engine bay too.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I hate you
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

oooh very nice brandon. i like your sig pic.

i hear those are a ton of fun to drive... congratulations, and good job staying in the family

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                          Thanks all...

As far as modding it... Im trying to not do that for as long as possible. Because we all know that a cold air intake only leads to lowering, wheels, turbo...etc.

So we shall see. Its definately a nice car, the only real complaint I have so far is visibility. Obviously with the top down, no problem, but with it up, the rear window isnt really much. As long as its not raining... its not a problem though since its top down!

Transmission is a bit different from the accord... 6 speeds, and the throws are pretty insane. Its a bit notchy, but feels very nice and solid.

edit: and just as I said I wont mod it... I think I will be looking into a hardtop since it makes the visibility problem go away. (You can keep the soft top on and retracted while the hard top is on, so just pop off the hard top, and still have no top, or the soft one.
                          You can just pick up a 03-up top. They come with glass rear windows and a defroster instead of the plastic. The hardtops are awesome too. I hear they are discontinued from the dealer. The Mugen hardtop was not intended to be a removable piece, and its definitely not worth the money. Not modding it doesnt last long. The AP1s have been victimized by H22 CB7s. Its not a good feeling, I/H will make that pain go away. The exhaust is not worth it unless you will be getting the car retuned.

Comment

Nice car!!! My friend has an OG AP1; they're pretty sweet. The shifter is awesome and the sound is intoxicating, even stock.

The only bad thing I heard is they don't really respond well to bolt-ons, and I'd feel bad throwing a turbo or S/C on such a sweet motor. If they came in a real hardtop w/4 seats, and they were available for like $15K, I'd rock with one. Good luck not modding it, LOL

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Nice ride!

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              The only bad thing I heard is they don't really respond well to bolt-ons ...
                              Nothing wrong with that, because the work's already been done! Doesn't the S2K already output the highest hp/liter in a N.A. vehicle?
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X