JohnD1079: My 1997 Nissan 240sx LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JohnD1079: My 1997 Nissan 240sx LE

ok guys, here are is my 97 240. I "owned" it for about 2 years now, but i just got it into my hands in the past two weeks.

I got it salvaged, so i fixed it up enough to get a rebuilt title, so i could get it here. (I bought it in Canada). It appears to have be a sponsored sound car, bc there was this 240 display in the back, with some polk audio stuff i nthe car along with the decals. He had some crazy alarm system that aprears to have controled the Windows/lights/sunroof, a molded in TV screen with all this shit, so when it was "totaled" he cut all the wires, so now i am essentially fucked unless i redo everything. Headlights dont work(xcept highs) taillights, windows, sunroof. But the brake lights, reverse lights, and inner light by the sunroof works. I am going to install a new body harness instead of trying to figure out all the gremlins.

Here are my plans for this car.

After in done my accord, in the next year i get this car back to completley good stock running order. Fix all the little shit thats wrong with the car.
    Then after im done that, complete suspension overhaul, Springs/Shocks, sway bar, Strut bar, camber kit, brakes, SS lines, Every single bushing, plus everything is going to be sandblasted/powder coated.(stuff like that).
    Once that is done Appearance will be addressed. C-west body kit(just like the front bumper). With a wing/spoiler that looks like http://www.nissanclub.com/240SX/jrsx/jrsx08.jpg . I will be painting it some form of black. Also Motegi High Gloss w/Pollished lip 17 x 9 are in my plans for it.
    Motor wise, i will be swapping it. But i am not sure with what yet. originally i wanted a sr20det, but thats just like a h22 accord, and i want more, i want a montser. So i was thinging 2jz swap or LSx swap. RB26DETT is also an option but i wont get it unless i can get the whole AWD package so i can make this AWD with adjustable power output to the front/rear. But that probably wont happen. I need to reasearch in depth to figure out which one i want. Also, partial wire tuck, with a painted engine bay will be happening here.

Tell me guys what you think, and some advice on the swap would be appreciated if you actually have some knowledge, not just 2jz bc LSx is a domestic POS or LSx is the way to bc its the cool swap right now. ALso dont expect this to be competley done anytime soon. im 18 in less than a month, and im not looking to be completly done with it untill im 21/22.

PS. I "owned" the car 2 years ago, meaning telling the guy i wanted it and paid for it. This was all before the whole Drifting BS came out. I wanted it completly for looks, nothing else at that time. All my friends are like ya, lets out out a drift, Im like no, fuck you. I will be fucking around in the car, but only in a parking lot. This will be my weekend/summer car, the accord will be the DD, so i am in absolutly no rush to finish this, no expense will be spared. Everything will be dont right AND with quality parts.

Edit: i just noticed i just put motegi rims. It'll be getting Motegi Touge Rims
    Last edited by JohnD1079; 11-23-2007, 04:53 PM.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

(borat voice)....Niiiicceee!!

No expense will be spared huh?...WEll since you wanna dish out the $$$ I say either stick with Nissan(RB25/26) for the engine swap or go LSX. On 240 forums the the main problem I see is people have a harder time finding parts for RBs. The LSx are pretty much a dime a dozen.

Comment

Nice ride buddy.
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I <3 these cars. nice find.
        DEVOTE

Comment

Sweet. Coilovers and wheels time, then 1j, kthxbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
            Sweet. Coilovers and wheels time, then 1j, kthxbye.

Why do you say 1jz? Is there a specific reason you said 1jz and not 2jz or LSx? could you eleaborate?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

nice, you got the leather interior right? Assuming its 5 speed you have a limited slip rear end since its canadian. I want an lsd already. looks similar to mine http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=85109
              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
              Project 240SX
              Originally posted by chillin943
              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Why the hell do these cars keep showing up?

gah

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7

gah

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

gah
                    Dont hate man. And i was prepared for your comment. I like your car

Im sorry your supra didnt explode in popularity after the whole drifting thing

Black Ice-No I dont have LSD, i havent tested it out, But its a USA car, The guy bought it from buffalo, and then brought it to canada, and then i had to bringn it back down again(Thats y it took FOREVER to bring it down, The importing laws changed and stricten a whole lot, so i hade to redo everything).
                    and yes i have Leather seats. I LOVE the interior, (except for the radio desh bezel, they are like the equivalent to the CBs inner door handle. But ya keeping the interior stock, it too nice to change. I eve got some suede on the doors

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                      Dont hate man. And i was prepared for your comment. I like your car

Im sorry your supra didnt explode in popularity after the whole drifting thing
                      LOL you anticipated my comment? Dude you're awesome!!

the popularity thing, that is one of the MAIN reasons why I love the MK3 so much, no one has the patience(or stupidity, but mostly money.. ) to mod the damn thing! So I NEVER see the MK3 rolling around...

I can respect the 240, no doubt. I just hate the bandwagon. I love being unique!

Nice pick up man, if you dont mind being like every one else! (no bashing, my honest opinion)

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

LOL you anticipated my comment? Dude you're awesome!!

the popularity thing, that is one of the MAIN reasons why I love the MK3 so much, no one has the patience(or stupidity, but mostly money.. ) to mod the damn thing! So I NEVER see the MK3 rolling around...

I can respect the 240, no doubt. I just hate the bandwagon. I love being unique!

Nice pick up man, if you dont mind being like every one else! (no bashing, my honest opinion)
                        I dont think i am being like everyone else. These Kouki s14s seem to be pretty hard to find, so even if anyone wants to be like me, itll be hard, plus theyll need to have somewhat of a fat wallet. (I got mine for under $3000 total with the parts needed for the repair)

Plus, i dont really like the other 240s anyway. The s13 is a POS IMO. I would rather have a 92-95 civic. I just like the s14 and s15. Its the s13s that give the 240s the bad name, lol. At least most of them.

I got a question for you, So you ever see a Kouki S14 rollin around?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079

I got a question for you, So you ever see a Kouki S14 rollin around?

This is San Diego, there are THREE down the street from my house.

Comment

This is San Diego, there are THREE down the street from my house.
                            Well then you must be scared see all these angry cars rolling around

Comment

gah

oh mah gawd ...

they're everywhere.....

the nissans are everywhere...

make them stop.....

*Goes into convulsions*

Hey John Doe....DV8 knows his sh*t. I'm waiting for his answer on the 1JZ too.

Comment

Working...
                              X