Rx-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rx-7

My friend has an Rx-7 (FD) with a problem, i was wondering if you guys can help.

When he is idling and shifting into first, the car stumbles then stalls. It stays on 1000 rpm on neutral but when he shifts into any gear with no movement and his foot still on the clutch, the car stumbles and dies.

Any ideas?

hows the tranny/ clutch condition (pp included)
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

actually it sounds like its grinding on neutral.

Comment

check the fork.

Comment

Believe it or not, we actaully have a section for this!

His problem sounds like the problem I have with my CB. Any noise when he steps on the clutch, or it just dies quietly?

Comment

The rpms are fine on neutral but theres a grinding clutch sound even with his foot off/on the pedal.

but it revs up and down on first gear till it dies out/stalls. Kinda sounds like an erratic idle that can be fixed with an IACV . I wish i could help him, but i dont know anything about rotary.

Comment

I don't think the engine has anything to do with it. This is a transmission-related issue.

The clutch system is hydraulic, right? Just like ours? This sounds JUST like my problem... I still haven't fixed it completely, but I think the one that seems related to your friend's problem is the hydraulic system. Have him replace the master and slave cylinders, and properly bleed the system (that may be my problem still...)

Other than that, he may have an issue with the pressure plate or throwout bearing, or even the clutch itself. Those are the next things I'll be looking at on my car.

Comment

Vaccum Leak?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

definately sounds like a clutch issue. or atleast its one of your tranny problems.

Comment

I wonder if the car has been sitting for 2 months waiting for an answer...

Comment

I know the problem... its missing pistons!

j/k

Sounds like a clutch problem as everyone has said, time to drop the trans.
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        I wonder if the car has been sitting for 2 months waiting for an answer...
                        lol this section sucks
                        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Yeah, people don't come in here much... and it's unlikely that people will know anything about other cars... but hey, who knows!

Comment

HAY im back! and its corrected now. I really dont know the reason why it did that but it never came back. Almost like a benign tumor. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Yay for RX-7s with benign tumors!

Comment

Working...
                              X