Rolling inner fenders??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling inner fenders??

My friend wants me to help him put scissor doors on his 240 but I don't know what to do to roll the inner fenders or even where to roll it...anybody know?
    VIP Status.

Tell him your busy that day.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      lol

Comment

LOL...naw, he's my bro and it's his choice to do it. He's helped me out before so I'm gonna help him out. I just don't know what the hell to do, neither does he. He doesn't want to spend $1000 at the shop either.
        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Dang you're one helluva friend. lol. umm what are scissor door's? OR, are we talking about lambo doors??

Comment

Yea, lambo doors but I guess they are supposed to open up 90 degrees.
            VIP Status.

Comment

If you dont have a fender roller, do what I did when I rolled my fenders.

All you need is:

- Mallet
              - Automotive hammer, or larger hammer if you need more bang bang boom
              - Piece of wood (2" x 2") is good enough.

Jack up the car, remove the wheel, and place the wood on the inner lip of fender, smack away with hammer.

When inner lip has been rolled, use mallet to smoothen out the rolled lip.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

I was always told to use a baseball bat to roll fenders. Just jack up you car stick baseball bat in drop car down with the bat still in there an drive it forward till bat falls out. I read that in super street mag. but i never done it myself!

Comment

Actually I don't think that's what you roll. Or is it?? I thought you were supposed to take the fender off and then do something. There is a spot you mount the hinge to and for the hinge to clear you have to roll the inner fender...are you sure it's talking about that lip on the wheel well? Doesn't make sense to me.
                  VIP Status.

Comment

Rolling fenders is the act of rolling the inner lip of the fender to allow fitment of wider wheels.

Notice that there is a lip on the inner side of the fender, top of the wheel well. That is what you roll, to make it flush.

We dont have baseball bats here, so a piece of wood works just as fine

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

sorry if i gave the wrong info

Comment

ur posting this in the wrong forum.
                        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Yes, I know how to roll the fender lip to fit wider wheels. Sorry if I was not clear on what I meant. We aren't fitting wider wheels, we do not need to roll that lip. I don't know what we need to roll. All he was told was the inner fender needs to be rolled so that the hinge has clearance. So I'm assuming you take the fender off (part you see) and do something to that inner panel...
                          VIP Status.

Comment

Roll the metal sheet to make it thinner? cause that's what rolling a metal sheet does, make it thinner.

Or roll the fender to make it 'wider' to facilitate some clearance for the gullwing hinge?

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

I have no idea man....it just says roll the inner fender. I haven't taken the door off or fender or anything because I don't want to start and not know what I'm doing and have to put it all back together.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X