Engine identification for 92-93 Del Sol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine identification for 92-93 Del Sol

Im able to get an engine for free but cant get to the car yet and was wondering which engine this had. A D or B series and which one.... thanks.Its either a 92 0r 93 del sol and has the p06 ecu i have already taken out.

If it has a P06 ECU, then it has a D-series in it. I'm guessing it is the D15B7. It's the low-end Del Sol.

Comment

Thanks deeve, im going to pull it and just rebuild it on the side. thanks

Comment

Rebuild to stock specs, or performance build? Bisimoto is as much of an expert in the D series as the F series... the D also has a ton of potential (not sure if that's one of the good ones or not... but it may be.)

Comment

A performance build that i can just put on the engine stand and take my time buiding on and later could always find something else it could fit in.

Comment

it could also be a D16Z6... sohc vtec. that's what my dad's del sol si has in it.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Im not sure but will try to find out in a few days, just like to knoe what im getting, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                it could also be a D16Z6... sohc vtec. that's what my dad's del sol si has in it.
                Not with a P06 ECU. It would be a P28 if it was VTEC.

Comment

ah gotcha!
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Ok, went down there and cleared the brush away to see the engine and its a D16-B7, not D15-b7, which i cant find anywhere and its making me think the block is stamped wrong and should be a D16. Any input. lol

Comment

I can almost guarantee honda didn't stamp the block wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X