Replacing fuel filter on 2000 silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing fuel filter on 2000 silverado

Alright guys, well im going to be replacing the fuel filter on my dads 2500 chevy silverado. Seems pretty easy, however when i went to loosen one of the fuel lines a little bit of gas drizzled down, now is there anything i have to do to relieve the fuel pressure or can i just remove it and have a little fuel drop down no prob?? Thansk fer the help!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
    Alright guys, well im going to be replacing the fuel filter on my dads 2500 chevy silverado. Seems pretty easy, however when i went to loosen one of the fuel lines a little bit of gas drizzled down, now is there anything i have to do to relieve the fuel pressure or can i just remove it and have a little fuel drop down no prob?? Thansk fer the help!!!!!!!
    technically "they" say you should relieve the pressure, but ive never listened. not saying its a good thing or a bad thing or the right thing to do. but nonetheless ive never relieved the pressure, you get a good burst of fuel for bout 3 seconds but after that your good. just make shure you have the batt disconnected and key off. GL man

Comment

Thanks brother, turns out all i had to do was pull the fuel pump main relay and crank the engine a couple times to relieve pressure

Comment

Working...
      X