P1456 evap emmissions control fuel system leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P1456 evap emmissions control fuel system leak

On a friends 98 accord. Check engine light has been on for a while. I cleared it for her. And we tried a new gas cap but problem is still there. Ive heard it could be a few things. Filler neck seems fine anyone else have any ideas?

Just noticed her gas tank doesn't have that metal flap like ours. Is it supposed to be like that? I couldn't feel anything broken inside the hole where it should be

Last edited by Quashish; 07-29-2012, 12:40 AM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Just gunna go ahead and bump this

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

start checking any hoses to the canister otherwise you're gonna have to have the system smoked.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

9 out of 10 times the canister vent shut valve is leaking on that style accord. Unless you have a smoke machine that is what I would do, at least here in NH, the bolts that bolt the CVS to the canister are usually rusted and impossible to get out, so I always end up changing the canister and the CVS.

Comment

where is the vapor canister at?
          Last edited by Quashish; 07-31-2012, 06:32 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

If anything take it to a shop and smoke it out. You will find the leak.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thats the thing her dad owns a detail/repair shop where i used to work. and they cant fix it for her... im like whats up with that?! they cant find where its leaking and i think they have smoked it before. so yah were both po just trying to help her out ya know.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

early 6th gens have them on the firewall.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Ok cool she just got off work so il see if I can get over there and check it out

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    early 6th gens have them on the firewall.
                    Wrong, they are under the car under the rear seat area. It's the big black looking box, and the CVS is the thing with the biggest hose going to it.

Comment

thats odd, i may be thinking of the 01 civics
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        thats odd, i may be thinking of the 01 civics
                        If 01 is the newer style with the 1.7 (I think they come with the 1.6's too I don't know) Then those are also under the car, anything 98+ is under the car if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                          thats the thing her dad owns a detail/repair shop where i used to work. and they cant fix it for her... im like whats up with that?! they cant find where its leaking and i think they have smoked it before. so yah were both po just trying to help her out ya know.
                          dont assume what someone else told you. Always confirm it for yourself. You dont know how many times that I have been bonned from that.

Id go around with a hose pinch and see if you can isolate where it is comming from. It can be they tested it without doing that and it showed no leak, but once you start claming some hoses to create more pressure you may find it.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                          X