Figured you guys would know....tranny cross reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured you guys would know....tranny cross reference

I just got a killer deal on a 95 accord 4 door with a blown motor. My buddy has a 99 with a bad auto tranny.... With the 95 auto work in the 99?

I'm pretty sure all F and H trannies are interchangeable with the exception of the F20C but i can't say anything for the transmission computers. You also have to worry about the gear ratios.

99 accords came with the F23 wasn't it?

Comment

Some minor modification may be needed, but yes, it will fit.

Now why is this in Off Topic? It's a technical question.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Some minor modification may be needed, but yes, it will fit.

Now why is this in Off Topic? It's a technical question.
        I put it here because it's not for a cb. I thought the tech section was for cb questions.....if I posted in the wrong forum, can this please be moved?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          I'm pretty sure all F and H trannies are interchangeable with the exception of the F20C but i can't say anything for the transmission computers. You also have to worry about the gear ratios.

99 accords came with the F23 wasn't it?
          I have both cars, both complete. The 99 is drivable, just doesn't like to shift in higher gears, the 95 a teenager ran it hot and blew the motor yesterday. The 99 I am not sure what motor is in it, I'll look tonight. And what issue with gear ratio? It will be just a point a to point b car....no mods

Just got off the phone about the 99, It's a 98, not a 99 is that makes a big difference. Iam about to go pick up the 95, drop it off at the shop, and go with the trailer and a few bucks and see if I can get this 98 on a deal. It had a rebuilt motor in it, we put it in 2 years ago. They drove it about 15k miles and the tranny started acting up..best part it's a ex, loaded with everything but leather
          Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 09-15-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

It's not the job of the staff to clean up after laziness. Thread moved. Stuff like this is going to start being deleted when posted in the wrong section.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It's not the job of the staff to clean up after laziness. Thread moved. Stuff like this is going to start being deleted when posted in the wrong section.
              Never payed attention to this forum...thanks for the move ...I'll try and make sure I don't do it again

Comment

That's one reason I recently limited the posting of new threads in the Beginner Forums to actual beginners (30 posts or less). I found that people weren't even aware of half the sections on this site!

Comment

Working...
                X