91 civic hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 civic hatch

Me and the girlfriend bought a civic hatch back in the fall...well actually it might have been closer to winter....anyway it was been sitting till now buried in snow and i was up till 3ish last night digging it out because today the beast will awaken and the type r b16a swap begins. Now the car is still stuck and there is a lot of ice buildup.

My question is after sitting that long in these conditions is there anything i should be concerned about or look over?

It had a block heater so I plugged that in for a few hours then boosted it. It started fine and I let it run for a while but when i tried to get out i dont even think the tires spun i think they might be frozen
    I look...You look
    I rev...You rev
    I win...You lose

vspooled

well you might want to be concerned about the engine. there was never a type R B16a.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

http://www.streettuners.com/curve/en...ine_specs.html

check out the 92-95 civic SI R thats the engine i was talking about
      I look...You look
      I rev...You rev
      I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
        http://www.streettuners.com/curve/en...ine_specs.html

check out the 92-95 civic SI R thats the engine i was talking about
        ok, so its a B16a out of an EG SiR then. waayyy different then the B16B out of the CTR.

I dont think theres anything you should be particularly concerned about . . . maybe wear on the suspension because of the increased load it was under, but I trust your replacing that anyways.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Might I ask why the EG Si-R?

All you get is OBD-1 and 8hp and 6 ft/lbs torque. That's rated at the flywheel mind you. In my opinion it's not worth converting the car to OBD-1 and getting a hydro tranny conversion for the extra few hp and ft/lbs.

With the money and time you save you could have bought some goodies for the B16A (OBD-0).

Your best bet is to get the OBD-0 engine and transmission, then spend the money you saved on something like a clutch or start buying cam / valvetrain parts. You'll end up with less of a headache and a faster car.

Comment

Working...
          X