help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

this isn't related to a cb7.. but its a 95 dodge neon.. okay well this car been acting up for a while now.. out of the blue.. the car would just stall.. we changed the battery/.. did tune up.. new sparkplugs and wire.. change oil and oil filter. even changed fuel filter.. well today the car battery light was on the dash.. than suddenly the car died.. no horn.. no lights nothing.. so i jumpstart it.. and boom the car started with no hestiation... so i said if battery light is on and car shuts off i'd say the alternator is bad.. so i disconnect the negative cable off the battery and it still ran.. i'm stumped.. help me.. is it really the alternator thats about 2 go bad...
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

could be that or your battery cables, you might check them and make sure they arnt stripped or anything

Nicole
    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

what?? you don't make sense..

Comment

check all your grounds first of all, make sure your getting a good connection

to test your alternator a way that i use if to pull of your negative terminal while the car is running, if it dies out its usually a sign of your alternator being bad

Comment

i did that and the car stayed running but why was the battery light flashing on the dash.. note this is for a 95 dodge neon. car been acting up alot past few months

Comment

Probably because your infamous 'midas' touch ruined the car.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

you most likly have a dead cell or cells, bet you my pay check that your replace the battery and it will quit acting up
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Its a Neon, Replace the Alternator.

Comment

Make sure the battery cable connections (where they connect to the battery) are clean. I've had starting issues because of that, as well as problems with the car cutting off while driving. If that doesn't work, the alternator is the next probable thing. If the alternator isn't charging the battery, you'll be running the car on battery power alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X