Accord vs BMW Z3 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord vs BMW Z3 Convertible

Was minding my own business coming back from Pick n' Pull close by my house when a BMW z3 convertible unsure what year lined up with me at the light. I could see from the corner of my eye he was checking out my car. Light turns green and he takes off. I'm like OK this should be fun. I let him get his distance and then I gave my car a v-tec run to catch up. He noticed me starting to chase so he started zipping between cars. We get up to the next light and i'm right behind him. I see him looking in his side view mirror all smiles. I recognized how the light works at this particular intersection so I started building my rpms. He takes off and instantly got a 3car lead and I started smashing gears. At the end of 3rd I was already closing the gap and in the end I was only 1 1/2 cars behind his bumper and then he chickened out after figuring out he couldn't shake me and exits at the last minute.

I wish there wasn't a car in the other lane at the beginning....that would've been more fun. Gave that BMW-head a run for his Moola

Those BMWs supposed to run mid to low 14s. I can't wait to take my car to the track with my current setup and mods. I have to be running somewhere in the 14s to be riding that z3 owners ass.

My Car:

96 JDM H22a w/ CD6 SiR P2T4 tranny

Yowaii-SS Tsukinoko Intake with ver.2 4.5" velocity stack filter
    JDM Feels Twincam Motorworks Race Header
    Apexi WS/Tsudo hybrid exhaust 2.5 exhaust piping
    Punched 2.5 Magnaflow Catalytic Converter
    Semi tuned V-AFCII with X-over @ 5200
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Didnt the M roadster run in the 14's? And I think there where two engine options a 4cyc and inline 6 and then the M roadster still chasing him in the us autobahn
    Love Built Inc.

Comment

Hmm...where do I stand in that 14sec run. I gotta hit the track with you too. I'm oober curious.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

I work on those pos cars if it were the m series he would have tookin you but the inline six or the 4 clyinder, you'd beat him good job you sould have lanched and showed him whats up

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tuner View Post
          I work on those pos cars if it were the m series he would have tookin you but the inline six or the 4 clyinder, you'd beat him good job you sould have lanched and showed him whats up
          POS? BMW I had a few before never gave me problems.
          Love Built Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaniEG6 View Post
            just the z3 once a problem occurs with them the entire car shuts down just my opinion just not the m-z3 they were made more like the 3-series more electrical but less conjuntion in cuircuts

Comment

lots of cars dont give the owners problems
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                lots of cars dont give the owners problems
                Thats true, but in general never had any problems with German cars other then Audi
                Love Built Inc.

Comment

Just concider yourself lucky. The simplest repair on these cars run $1000 plus

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                    Hmm...where do I stand in that 14sec run. I gotta hit the track with you too. I'm oober curious.
                    You should jackass. I'm curious to see what I run now. Car has been running good since I had that major overhaul. We have pretty much the same setup except for the trannies. Julius predicts you will definitely take me off the line due to your shorter gearing and LSD but I should catch up probably at the end of 2nd or midway. Prelude SiR and Accord SiR 1/4 mile times are nearly identical, I just have a longer 3rd and semi gas saving 5th gear. My 3rd definitely showed itself when we ran in Napa. I was like WTF?!! ur shifting already? Maybe this is the perfect H22a tranny for turbo.... downshift to 3rd is great for short boosted highway encounters. Shiet lets go to the track Wed!! I'm shooting for a 14.2-14.5.

I was disappointed when my car jumped timing at the track. My only good run that day was against the RSX-S 15.8 compared to his 15.1. I definitely have to be in the 14s now since everything is supposedly in good order.

Originally posted by cb9tuner View Post
                    Haha I did a 4800rpm launch but what sucked was I was right behind him in the same lane at the light and it doesn't help to have 195 series Dunlops in the front All I felt was my front dogbone mount flex and tires skidding trying to take traction and I didn't want to rear end the z3.

I raced a newer blue Z3 before with my old H22a auto and needless to say I got PWNED off the line. This definitely had to be the V6 because it didn't feel like racing the various Miatas that messed with me.

Personally I see more Volvos in recycle yards than I do BMWs and Audis... I think BMWs are well built cars,but then again every car company has its lemons. This is the reason why I wouldn't buy a 1st Gen model of any new car release. I would try to buy the Mid model because it's more likely perfected.

Look how many times the 350z has been redone engine wise. The 06's with the introduction of the "HR" motors produce more power and are a blast to drive and now it seems perfected for the 07 and the 08's with a even stronger motor where they modified the hood wit a cool retro looking bump. The first "HR" High Rev motors had oil burning problems.

As USDM skylines become more available, I can't wait to see what kinda call backs might occur.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                    1994 Prelude V-Tec
                    1999 CL 3.0
                    2000 Prelude
                    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Tonight, lets run. Corner of Sonoma and Mini. Be there...or be a square-bearrrrrr.... BOK BOK BOKKAK BOK BOK

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                        Tonight, lets run. Corner of Sonoma and Mini. Be there...or be a square-bearrrrrr.... BOK BOK BOKKAK BOK BOK

Sorry evil twin, but even though gas dropped like 30cents, I can't afford to drive down to vallejo at the moment. How bout you cum on obah to mah place..... *wink* *wink* Be there...be a square...and bear if u don't mind

The Square Bears are Comming!

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                        1994 Prelude V-Tec
                        1999 CL 3.0
                        2000 Prelude
                        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
                          I'm shooting for a 14.2-14.5.

you plan on running that with a f22 tranny?
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

get some drag radials and launch at 7k rpm

Comment

Originally posted by RiceKillinSi View Post
                              Just concider yourself lucky. The simplest repair on these cars run $1000 plus
                              No not really. Yes like any car certain miles you need to due the belts and what not, but in between it was fine. But thats why god made Hondas and Accords in that matter.

And the square bears are creepy.
                              Love Built Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X