racing a 97 jetta this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racing a 97 jetta this weekend

hey im racing a 2.0 jetta this weekend and hes got a short ram intake, clutch, and a cat back system. i just started working on my car so all ive got really is my short ram intake. his car has 132 hp and ive got like 140 and i weigh i little more. i dont really know how it will turn out i think it will be close. just wondering what u guys think will happen.

I think you should take him. The 2.0 vw's are pretty slow. The 1.8t's are the ones to look out for.
    94 accord lx
    JDM H22A auto swap, aem cai, apexi WS2 exhaust, modified dc sports header,random tech. cat.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468060

Comment

ya ive heard they are pretty slow. my friend drives with the kid with the jetta a lot and he also said that i should be able to take him. the only thing is that his car is stick and im auto. i guess its good and bad cause i dont think hes that good of a driver so ive got one up on him there. plus his tires are shot and mine are brand new. so the start should be interesting. ill keep u guys posted on how it goes.

Comment

dont count the vr6's out either

Comment

we call them 2.slow

Comment

that jetta is gonna be on yur "kills" list
            coast2coastpempen

Comment

sweet! thanks for all the positive thoughts guys. im feeling a little better about this one now

Comment

when i first started to drive. all i has was a sr intake. and i hada friend w/ a 01 2.0 jetta. and his was stick. the 1st time we raced i lost. the 2nd time when i had a muffler i kept up. then the 3rd time when i got straigh pipe and weight reductions. i smoked his ass. o yea and i have an auto too. if the other guy cant drive well ull win. the 1st time we raced, i barley knew how to drive and he had been driving for about 8 months at that time.

Comment

My wife has a 98 Jetta, auto. I raced her when I still had the F22A6 (mine is stick) with no modifications and walked away from her. I'm not sure where this guy is getting 132 hp from as my wife's is only 115, even with his modifications I think that's a stretch. Good luck, I think you have him....
                  Anything is possible when you don't know what your talking about............

Comment

i used to live in san jo by mckee n jackson what part o 4hoe8 yu from ?
                    coast2coastpempen

Comment

How'd it go?

He has a manual though, in terms of gear ratios he has you, definetly a good reason he may win

5 spd vs 4 spd

Comment

i got spanked by one of these... all i saw were his tailights that night and saw his bigg asssss intercooler the next day at a diff intersection.

woops
                        welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

we didnt even race! i met him over the weekend and we were planing on racing sunday cause i had stuff to do on sat. so sunday came and he just went home! i was pissed but whatever, maybe it will happen this weekend if he doesnt just leave. he was probly scarred

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                            we didnt even race! i met him over the weekend and we were planing on racing sunday cause i had stuff to do on sat. so sunday came and he just went home! i was pissed but whatever, maybe it will happen this weekend if he doesnt just leave. he was probly scarred
                            I'd be surprised if he was scared, if he tries he can win without too much skill.

Why?

4 speed vs 5 speed - He's got gear ratios on you, gonna have a shorter 2nd and 3rd which will be a BIG factor in small <200HP races

His launch - He can probably launch at 2500rpm depending on his suspension and tires giving him the lead from the start.

I wouldn't count on winning. You sound like this is the first time racing or something?

A 91 Integra with 10 more hp than me stock with an exhaust as well as being a hundred or two pounds lighter is slower than a stock cb7. That is ONLY if the Integra is automatic and cb7 is manual, I've done it before. Automatic vs manual makes a really big difference in races with cars like this. Notice i mention cars like this, because in other cars it can be the other way around

Comment

haha back from the dead, i won btw like 8 times over the past year

Comment

Working...
                              X