F22a1 vs high compressed minime civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a1 vs high compressed minime civic

I have a friend that has a minime swap on his civic 4 dr, he has 10.2:1 compression pistons, tuned P28 ECU, stage 2 clutch, IHE... I have F22a6 intake, f22a4 headers the skinny ones, broken and ultra skinny exhaust. Back to the race he got next to me and he wanted a roll, i accepted so on three honks we go.... We went at it but not at full throttle to keep closed the iab plates, then i stepped on it, we stayed together all the way to third gear then he started pulling on me little by little, we tried it again and only on third gear he can pull on me.... He immediately ask what engine do i have, he didn't believe i had a single cam, and all he said was "Accords are mean now the underdogs are the tegs" I was LOL. Could it be that my restrictive crappy broken exhaust avoided me to keep up with him?

Maybe civics aren't race cars?
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by JGTC View Post
      I have a friend that has a minime swap on his civic 4 dr, he has 10.2:1 compression pistons, tuned P28 ECU, stage 2 clutch, IHE... I have F22a6 intake, f22a4 headers the skinny ones, broken and ultra skinny exhaust. Back to the race he got next to me and he wanted a roll, i accepted so on three honks we go.... We went at it but not at full throttle to keep closed the iab plates, then i stepped on it, we stayed together all the way to third gear then he started pulling on me little by little, we tried it again and only on third gear he can pull on me.... He immediately ask what engine do i have, he didn't believe i had a single cam, and all he said was "Accords are mean now the underdogs are the tegs" I was LOL. Could it be that my restrictive crappy broken exhaust avoided me to keep up with him?
      i'm pretty sure the torque kept the car moving for the civic not to be able 2 pull away from u. hp with no torque vs hp vs torque matching is a better combo.

it's like a ls vs b16 with both having intake headers and exhaust

ls 140hp 120 tq will always win b/c the tq is very close to the hp more broader power band

vs b16 160hp 113 tq

H23vtec
      Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Also, that's not very high compression. Maybe relative to the F22 it is, but a d16a6 block/pistons with a d16y8 head is already going to be in the high 10s/low 11s for compression.

Regardless, good job for keeping up with a much lighter car.

Comment

well are accords arent as heavy as you think maybe more than a civic
          but are pretty light for the f22 block we have and yes we got pretty good torque and not bad horses either good job man
          i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4boy View Post
            well are accords arent as heavy as you think maybe more than a civic
            but are pretty light for the f22 block we have and yes we got pretty good torque and not bad horses either good job man
            Accord chassis is extremely heavy for a stock f22. Heavy for any honda motor in that case.
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

minime ftl

Comment

Working...
              X