H23 Vtec cb7 vs 99-04 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 Vtec cb7 vs 99-04 Mustang GT

Well...I was on my way to Pullman from Yakima taking my gf back to WSU and it's a 3 hour fucking drive and its BORING as hell.

I'm just cruising along when all the sudden I see a red Mustang GT(the 99-04 models) flooring it as he was getting onto the freeway.

Well, I slow down so he can catch up since I had passed him as he was still getting on the freeway and as he passes me he looks over with this stupid smirk as if he was saying "stupid honda". My gf looks over at me and tells me I better not race. I tell her to go back to sleep, lol.

ANyways, I rev it up once so he can hear me and he does. He kinda ignores me at first, keeps cruising along probably thinking that he can smoke the fuck out of an old granny car. Well I was fucking bored and itching for a race since I haven't raced much since I built my motor.

I downshift to 3rd(lol, fucking F trans. I was doing like 60mph) and try to egg him on by getting on it a little. He then starts playing with me by doing the same thing and I finally hear him downshift(he had a loud ass exhaust) and I see the nose end go up and he jumps about a bumper ahead of me so I floor it too. I start pulling and by the end of 3rd I'm about half a car ahead and when I shift to 4th I start pulling pretty bad. There was a car coming up ahead of me( I was in the slow lane, and he was in the fast lane where there was absolutely no one) so I said fuck it I ain't slowing down so I swerved around the car onto the side and the mustang was still going. I finally decided I had enough and stopped around 110mph. By that time I had pulled probably 2 cars(but I think he had slowed down a little when he saw the car in front of me, so lets say 1.5 cars.

But yea...just thought I'd share since it's my 2nd official kill with my new motor. THe first one was a z28

I don't condone street racing one bit, and I don't usually do it but this time I was just itching like a crackhead itches for crack. I couldn't resist.

Can't wait till I get my new trans. IT's gona be fucking sweet !!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Wicked, I wish I could do that lol So do you think the f trans help you since it was a highway pull? Im guessing since it has tall ass gears, it was a benefit right?

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
      Wicked, I wish I could do that lol So do you think the f trans help you since it was a highway pull? Im guessing since it has tall ass gears, it was a benefit right?
      Wrong and wrong. Tall gears dont help anyone for anything. Ever. Unless you're riding a mountain bike.
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

passed on the right?

so you passed that car on the right?

sheesh misrepresentation of the CB! I guess everyone has em.
        What the hell Joser. Come on now.
        Originally posted by Joser
        I don't condone street racing
        hehe LIAR!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Hey Vinbon...how the hell did you take that pic of your cb7? lol was your ass flying?

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

nice dude, i pulled pretty hard on that model as well.

i want to get into it with a new one

the one i got into it with came flying around me(ricer flyby) then the light turned yellow... i didnt want to but i couldnt resist.

we go and off the bat im out half a car, then 2nd im around a car...third i have no clue lol he was back.

then light turns ahead of us and he gets over behind me so he wouldnt have to sit next to me at light

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

so glad to hear that. i really can't stand mustang owners... and you beat him in a straight line which is more his style anyways, you shoulda gave him a half car headstart and see how much he liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                Wrong and wrong. Tall gears dont help anyone for anything. Ever. Unless you're riding a mountain bike.
                LMAO!!! I dont know why I figured maybe the tall geras would help with top end some how, while shorter gears were better for off the line acceleration. Mountain bike remark makes me laugh so hard!

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                Hey Vinbon...how the hell did you take that pic of your cb7? lol was your ass flying?
                LOL again, I took the pic from my balcony.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Actually it does in Jose's case b/c he's making the power. His car is making the power that the tranny doesn't really matter. He would actually drag ur f20b in the dirt

H23vtec
                  Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Nice one Jose!
                    I hope one day I can beat those cocky ass Mustang and Camaro guys.

Oh, and:
                    My gf looks over at me and tells me I better not race. I tell her to go back to sleep, lol.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by ssaccord92 View Post
                      Actually it does in Jose's case b/c he's making the power. His car is making the power that the tranny doesn't really matter. He would actually drag ur f20b in the dirt
                      Thanks for showing everyone how ignorant you are. How did my motor get into this discussion? Long gears do not help you in a race. The tranny doesn't really matter? Then why do people spend $3000 to get custom transmissions built? To get special "long gears", since they make 350+whp? Go research before you spout off and make ignorant claims, and call people out.
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

You're retarded Kee. lol

With a motor like mine, a shorter geared transmission WOULD help no matter what. THe only reason I was able to beat the mustang was due to the power my motor is putting out. The F trans ONLY helps in 5th gear because I won't top out as quick as the shorter gear transmissions. SO if you're racing at speeds of 125+mph, then you have serious issues because there's no need for that shit.

I would have beat him even worse if I had an H22 trans.

Comment

haha, tight shit! don't you just love beating up on Mustangs?! GREAT feeling ...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                          My Ride thread
                          Flickr
                          Originally posted by d112crzy
                          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                          All I gotta really say is:
                          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I was a little dissapointed to tell you the truth. I thought he would put up a better fight. I hate races where I just walk them. It's boring to me, I like close races.

But yea..this is the fastest I've EVER been in MY cb. I've never gone that fast since I don't ever really street race.

I condone others to race when I'm a passenger tho, lol. I love instigating shit. LOL.

Comment

nice kill joser

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X