acclude vs rx-8 vs '97 3.0 CL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acclude vs rx-8 vs '97 3.0 CL?

hmm anyone with a h22 swapped accord ever race an rx-8 or a 3.0 CL?

how did it turn out?

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

One of my friends around here has an rx-8. I rode in it, and I wasn't impressed at all... kinda slow.

Comment

a friend of mine with an h22 swap supposedly kept up with the 3.0 cl on the highway for a lil bit. he was coming back from hin atlintic city so who knows what the cl had done to it.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

yeah i drove my friends rx-8 and gunned it lol.. it was pretty fast.. haha gets me hyped for my drop

but still.. nothing is compared to my friend's 350z.. u can feel the power of the gas pedal, and steering wheel. haha its sooo fun driving that beast!

Comment

I think the Rx-8's are nice, but they are torqueless so it wouldn't totally surprise me that an h22 accord would beat one.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I ran a CL at the track. He was on chromies

Unfortunately, he beat me. He ran a 15.3, and I ran a 15.8 or something. It was my very first run ever. I think I could beat him now.

Comment

hmm.. were u racing a manual rx8 mike? i heard those things push out 240 ponies.. but auto only gives 200..

Comment

Re: acclude vs rx-8 vs '97 3.0 CL?

Originally posted by ai2t
                hmm anyone with a h22 swapped accord ever race an rx-8 or a 3.0 CL?

how did it turn out?
                I never raced a 3.0 CL but I raced my friend a couple of times afterwork and he has a Acura TL 3.2....so CL,TL almost the same car, so l hope i'll give you a little idea what a my H22 can do....although the 3.0 CL's were a little smaller bodied than the following 3.2 gen.

The mods he has are Dual OBX HKS dragger copies with custom 2.5 piping and a AEM cold air intake. Auto for Auto the displacement of the Acura will pull off the line no doubt, he gets a 2car lead before I start to catch up and pass him on top.

The older generation CL's are basically a reskinned luxury CD chassis accord. The interior design is very identical and you can even swap a h22 into those cars as well......not the 3.0's but the 2.2 lower models. There is a ivory purple one driving around in the next city close to me with a H22.....now thats a sleeper.

I believe the older generation CL's with a swapped H22 would be a interesting match against a Hybrid CB accord. The CL's i dunno...guessing are a little heavier than a CB....but it's odd rounded bodylines are probably more aerodynamic than our square shaped CB bodies and can cut thru wind better.

I never had the chance to race a RX-8....but a RX-7 did however mess with me at a stoplight in the RAIN!!! I thought to myself this guy's a dumbass thinking i'm going to race him in the rain. It wasn't exactly pouring...but it was lightly sprinkling and the road was wet. I didn't pay him any attention and the light turns green....this fooll gets no traction whatsoever and continued to spin his tires in one place while I accelerated normally. The jackass then passed me BOV and all, switched lanes in front of me flashing his hazzards..... I hope I see this fool in the summer when I get some juice.
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                X