Finally got tuned and dynoed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got tuned and dynoed

Finally after 4 years of waiting to be a little faster than I am now, I got my delta 272 cam installed and got a tune. After the tune I produced 127hp and 122tq. This is on a 230k mile engine (healthy) and auto tranny. I have to say I put down some damn good numbers....I havent even got my intake manifold setup on yet. Here is my dyno vid:

I raced a D-series EF hatch with lw flywheel and I pretty much walked really slowly away from a 50 roll and he nailed my ass on a 20 and 25 roll. If it was a 30 roll I might would have had a chance. I also rolled on a 2001 Integra bone stock by about a car. Not too bad for a wagon huh?

Edit: Found out that dyno reads waaayyy low. So probably pushing around abouts 135-145?

Edit #2: Mods:
    SRI
    Ractive header
    2 1/4" straight pipe no cat
    Delta 272 with AEM gear set 3deg advanced
    Last edited by Shag Wagon; 06-20-2009, 02:05 PM.

mods?

nice numbers tho. and for an auto.

Comment

Who told you it reads low? dyna packs don't usually read all that much lower than a dyno jet.

Convert that thing to 5spd and you'll be putting down over 150whp.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        Who told you it reads low? dyna packs don't usually read all that much lower than a dyno jet.

Convert that thing to 5spd and you'll be putting down over 150whp.
        an auto tranny takes that much power tot he wheels? wtf?

Comment

Yes.

Father Time dynod at 125whp with is auto f22b, then converted to 5spd and dynod at 151whp. Same dyno, same mods.

Comment

I think his particular dyno reads a little low. I had 5 different people tell me that. RLZ engineering in Concord-Charlotte NC tuned it. I need to get my intake mani put on asap and start doing some rematches. Yo Jose you think ill need to get retuned with my a6 lower and h22a upper plenum setup installed or should I be just fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
              I think his particular dyno reads a little low. I had 5 different people tell me that. RLZ engineering in Concord-Charlotte NC tuned it. I need to get my intake mani put on asap and start doing some rematches. Yo Jose you think ill need to get retuned with my a6 lower and h22a upper plenum setup installed or should I be just fine?
              mods?

Comment

Mods:
                SRI
                Ractive header
                2 1/4" straight pipe no cat
                Delta 272 with AEM gear set 3deg advanced
                Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                mods?

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  Yes.

Father Time dynod at 125whp with is auto f22b, then converted to 5spd and dynod at 151whp. Same dyno, same mods.
                  It was 130whp and 119wtq. F22B DOHC w/Delta 260's w/ I/H/E as an Auto.

When I swapped to 5spd it jumped to like 153whp/146wtq.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                    i aint see that. lol. whered you get that from? oh. lmao. he edited it.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                      It was 130whp and 119wtq. F22B DOHC w/Delta 260's w/ I/H/E as an Auto.

When I swapped to 5spd it jumped to like 153whp/146wtq.
                      I knew autos put down lower numbers, but I had no idea it was THAT much lower.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Who cares what the dyno reads. Anyone that brags about dyno numbers is stupid as numbers vary so much between dyno's that it's nearly meaningless.

Ask your tuner how much it would cost for a retune. They usually give lower rates for returning customers, especially if it's gonna be small adjustments.

Depending on the price, I'd definitely get a retune after the IM swap.

Comment

Well hopefully I can get all the gaskets worked out on it and ill be puttin down 150ish

Comment

Well hopefully I can get all the gaskets worked out on it and ill be puttin down 150ish
                            Yeah howard from RLZ tuned it. HE's one of the best and have one of the best shops. That dyno pack reads about a 30 hp difference compard to dynojet.
                            I need to mines retuned also.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Yo shag...you ever heard of...well it used to be DRIV3N?

my boy used to own that. it burnt to the ground...sadly.

i hope i can make good numbers/good power with the H23 when i get it done.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X