My first autocross was a blast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first autocross was a blast!

Just finished my first autocross. It was a blast. I didn't get to drive the accord. I am in a club and we have some club cars that we get to drive. The car I drove was a 2nd gen RX-7. It has a few minor mods. I think it has filter, exhaust, and victoracers. The best times on the track were 40 point somethings. My best time was a 46.40. Not bad for my first time. My first run was like a 50.something but the computer screwed up so they gave me another run. My first counted run was like 48. My next run was a 46.60. Then I got the 46.40. My last run was 1.00.50 because I spun on the back strait and stalled the car. It is hard to start so I wasted a lot of time. I think I could have pulled a 44 or better because I was pushing hard. The best run someone pulled in the club car was a 41something. The car has the potential. I just have to learn how to drive it. It was a blast. I wish that I could have driven the accord. Oh well. There was a 90 coupe there. He pulled a 45 run. It was pretty nice. He had exhaust, headers, plug wires, intake, lowering springs, crappy street tires. That is all that I could see. Its appearence was in pretty bad shape. Faded paint, wheel damage, misaligned body panels, dents, the usual stuff. It was a pretty good car though. Sounded good too. I think he had a World Sport exhaust. If he had some slicks he could kick some but. I can't wait until my next autocross. Maybe in the future I will run the accord.
    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

cool cool the only thing as for as autocrossin for me over here is runnin from cops almost getting caught streetracing. lodt em one-time goin down a oneway street. Damn so you got to drive an 2nd gen rx7 u da man brutha. Did it sound sweet.?

Comment

It sounds like crap. I don't know how to describe it. It is like a dying goat or something. Really nasty sounding. Other than that the car is great. I think the car needs a longer resonater. Maybe that would even out the tone a little. It was cool though.
      FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

A dying goat, huh. Well, great job on the autocross! When's your next one? Are you racing your cb7 soon?

Comment

Working...
        X