08-09 Civic Si Vs. 90 H22 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
    Bolt on and a tune on a SI is also $1500 more than on a H22, at least. Unless Kpro doesn't cost $1000 anymore....
    Catch up with the times dude. Kpro is old news.

Flashpro is where it is at. Stock ECU, completely tunable reflash (not rechip, it is done from the ECM service port on the dash), and no downtime, for just over half the cost.

Also, yes, the good K series bolt ons ARE more expensive, but considering the output differential, it is worth the money.

Intake, header and exhaust are going to cost a couple hundred more for the K series total, but they are going to unleash a LOT more power, especially when coupled with a good tune.

The only parts I have found that are really more expensive though than the equivalent H22 part are the headers. Of course, for an equal quality/performance header on the H22, you are going to pay pretty close to the same amount.

Put the full compliment of bolt-ons onto the K20 (cams etc) and it is pretty much no contest.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by rossisalvage View Post
      cleary the h22a cb7s eat the 8th gens all day long, you shoulda went to honda day and you coulda seen it happen multiple times on the track
      Yeah, because we still have 1 kill in this thread. What were the relative mods on the cars you mention? My H22 has multiple bolt ons, is healthy, and is still barely as fast as my Si...

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
      The lug-coast method is good, but you should try the lug-engine off- and coast.
      P.S. As long as your engine RPM's are above 1000-1500 RPM, shutting your engine off is pointless. When the throttle closes, the ECU shuts the fuel injectors off anyway, in which case you are getting infinite mileage... Feel free to consult the Helm's if you don't believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        P.S. As long as your engine RPM's are above 1000-1500 RPM, shutting your engine off is pointless. When the throttle closes, the ECU shuts the fuel injectors off anyway, in which case you are getting infinite mileage... Feel free to consult the Helm's if you don't believe me.
        not pointless, because there is still engine drag which will slow your car down faster.... when you shut off the engine you are also suppose to throw it in neutral so you can coast the furthest before lighting the engine again just my 2cents!
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          Catch up with the times dude. Kpro is old news.
          I'm not behind the times, I just have a lot of friends with RSX-S and all they use is Kpro. But I guess the reflash is good enough for basic bolt on's.
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
            not pointless, because there is still engine drag which will slow your car down faster.... when you shut off the engine you are also suppose to throw it in neutral so you can coast the furthest before lighting the engine again just my 2cents!
            Yeah, except that it isn't that much drag...especially if you are in a higher gear. I am sure coasting at 90 with no power (including power brakes) is much smarter. It is all about energy management, and if you think ahead a little bit, then managing it isn't that tough.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
              I'm not behind the times, I just have a lot of friends with RSX-S and all they use is Kpro. But I guess the reflash is good enough for basic bolt on's.
              An RSX-S is NOT an Si. Completely different ECU's, completely different options.

They both have a K20, but even those have many differences, and by that logic, your car is the same as a 5th gen, 6th gen, Prelude and Odyssey...

Flashpro isn't a "reflash." It is a completely and fully tunable reflasher that gives you all of the benefits of Kpro (actually more), without having to do anything more than plug it into the service port. It datalogs, changes VTEC, timing, fueling, cam angle, can choose MAF + MAP or can run on just MAP, and also has about 300 basemaps for about any combination of bolt ons you might have, including 100% bone stock.

And it is about 2/3 the price of Kpro. As of yet, the current SI is the only car this has been released for, although, they are working on others.

But as I said before, if I put an equivalent set of bolt ons on the K20 that I do the H22, I am going to get a lot more power out of it.

Comment

Well, what are you waiting for?
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                X