Raced a skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced a skyline

So I was just driving back from work, about 10 minutes away from home...and as i'm pulling up to a red light a Skyline pulls out from the wells fargo parking lot right in front of me. I'm on a 4 lane road(2 both ways) speed limit is 40...it's one of the many main streets in my city(portland). anyways, it took me a second to realize it was actually a skyline, at first i kinda thought it was a new prelude, then i realized it wasn't and my heart jumped. There is alot of traffic around so i throw out the possiblity of a race from stop position, but when i get the chance i manuever along side him and wait til traffic ahead pulls away, it finally does and without warning he slams on the gas, (i was already at about 4K RPM's in second gear cause i knew sometin would happen soon this way i didnt have to downshift) so i hit the gas to and my rpms quickly climb and we hit about 60, he pulled half a car from the start, and by now he was like 3-4 cars ahead, then 5-6 cars. we both slowed down because it was a busy street, we stopped racing at about 70MPH. but needless to say i knew he would kick my ass, i drive a 93LX with intake, thats it. 125HP probaly at best. but i just thought it would be fun to say i've raced a nissan skyline before since so many idolize these cars...so now i have =) and i lost, by alot.

lol...congratulations...now you need to drive one. That is one fun ride!!!

Comment

wow was it a GT-R?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
        wow was it a GT-R?

To the best of my knowladge, all Skylines are a GT-R. Just R-32, R-33 and R-34 models. I could be wrong though...
        Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
          So I was just driving back from work, about 10 minutes away from home...and as i'm pulling up to a red light a Skyline pulls out from the wells fargo parking lot right in front of me. I'm on a 4 lane road(2 both ways) speed limit is 40...it's one of the many main streets in my city(portland). anyways, it took me a second to realize it was actually a skyline, at first i kinda thought it was a new prelude, then i realized it wasn't and my heart jumped. There is alot of traffic around so i throw out the possiblity of a race from stop position, but when i get the chance i manuever along side him and wait til traffic ahead pulls away, it finally does and without warning he slams on the gas, (i was already at about 4K RPM's in second gear cause i knew sometin would happen soon this way i didnt have to downshift) so i hit the gas to and my rpms quickly climb and we hit about 60, he pulled half a car from the start, and by now he was like 3-4 cars ahead, then 5-6 cars. we both slowed down because it was a busy street, we stopped racing at about 70MPH. but needless to say i knew he would kick my ass, i drive a 93LX with intake, thats it. 125HP probaly at best. but i just thought it would be fun to say i've raced a nissan skyline before since so many idolize these cars...so now i have =) and i lost, by alot.

Damn, man! Did you have to stop and clean yourself? I know I would have had to! Just seeing a Skyline in person, let alone being that close to one and actualy having the honer of driving beside of it would have been enough of a reason to make me nut myself! That would be better than meeting Rose McGowan in person... Well, almost! Close anyways! Either way I would nut myself...
          Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNova92LX
            To the best of my knowladge, all Skylines are a GT-R. Just R-32, R-33 and R-34 models. I could be wrong though...
            there are other models...gtr is like an integra type-r...but there are still gsr, ls, and rs equivelents...you know what i'm saying?

the current g35 is just a regular model skyline in japan
            For Sale:
            itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
            tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

cool, I would love to see a skyline in person

Comment

I sat in a '95 R33 GT-S at a car show and it was great, I will own one someday, an R32 GT-R w/low miles. someday
                JDM H22a
                P2T4 tranny
                I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                custom short throw shifter
                Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

Next time I go to Japan, I will have to get a video while I'm driving my associates Skyline R-34....Its fun and fast as shit

Comment

No i know for a fact it was a skyline, I know what one looks like, but i just saw the side at first and for some reason thought it was a lude for a second(it was dark and i was tired). i was right behind it, it said Nissan...then looking closely it said skyline kinda imprinted on the bank in big letters(it was same color as car so hard to see)

Comment

ok there is a really easy way to tell. You poll up to the drivers door and if the driver isnt their its a skyline. lol... A skyline would be nice but i could never shift with my left hand. I would just mess the thing up.

Comment

Originally posted by azian21485
                        there are other models...gtr is like an integra type-r...but there are still gsr, ls, and rs equivelents...you know what i'm saying?

the current g35 is just a regular model skyline in japan
                        To my knowledge, the gt-r have the rb26dett, and the gt-s have the rb25det. Pretty much twin tubro vs. Single turbo and AWD vs RWD
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                          ok there is a really easy way to tell. You poll up to the drivers door and if the driver isnt their its a skyline. lol... .
                          -Hahaha, nice one......

Comment

RBMOTORING.COM has a left hand conversion kit for a skyline, go to their website and you can see it. when i sat in the r33 it felt like home for some reason even though it was right hand drive. I want one and i will tag it and register it with maxima vin tags and if i get, ( well, i mean when ), pulled over i will tell the cop it is a heavily modified maxima.
                            JDM H22a
                            P2T4 tranny
                            I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                            16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                            nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                            custom short throw shifter
                            Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                            Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                            Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNova92LX
                              naw there are some other models of skylines like the gt-s

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X