Afterwork highway races.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afterwork highway races.

Well last nite I punished a IS 300 on the way home last nite and now after I get 2 nice races today.

1st race was I was getting on the highway and theres a kitted 24o sx behind me. We both go and are even up till we get into traffic. From there it was cat and mouse thru traffic goin 100. On the straight aways he couldnt catch up and didnt get ahead of me the whole 5 miles we went . He was done as another car caught my attention.

2nd race, as Im playing wiht the 240 a black transam that was pretty new came up behind me. The 240 was waay back there and the trans am gets next to me and goes. He was pulling on me hard! I remember looking at my tach goin around 100 and hes a car ahead of me already. Im like well im about to hit vtec at 5000 rpm and see what happens lol. This time it didnt save me lol . Once vtec hit I slowed his pull very little but when we got up to 120 he was out. Oh well Im pretty sure he didnt think my 4 banger would keep up with him like I did for the lil strecth we had lol.

same thing happened to me when i raced some camaro the other day.. i was behind him.. and he had a stretch of one of the lanes of highway in front of him, so we're already doin like 90 and he guns it... for some reason when i floored it my TCU didn't kick me down into 3rd.. so i'm just slowly crawling at 4,000 rpm and i gave up before i had to take a turn (shitty stock 14"s, lol). i should have just manually dropped it down.. it would have thrown me to at least 6k and i'm sure i would have been at his bumper.

but good kill on the IS last night.. that's a good race, considering they're just about as quick as cb7s with stock h22s in them.

Comment

u still using the accord tcu? I love using the h22 one now even tho the shiflock sux and the odd shift patterns but when I downshift it does it real quick and I go all the way up to 8000rpm and lose grip as I shift into 4th. Its fun.

Comment

Why dont you just invest in a Vtec controller? That'll solve the problem.

I tried taking a vette last fall lol big mistake, I kept up for a good while though lol.

I even smoked my friends 98 Grand Prix before I put in the pt6 without the speed govener. That was the shit.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

this is good for the CB7's, Keep it up guys. Be SAFE lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
            u still using the accord tcu? I love using the h22 one now even tho the shiflock sux and the odd shift patterns but when I downshift it does it real quick and I go all the way up to 8000rpm and lose grip as I shift into 4th. Its fun.
            yeah, i'm still using it.. the shiftlock isn't a problem for me though, because i put a piece of cardboard in the spot where the little lever comes down to lock the shifter (ghetto fix). but yeah the odd shift patterns do suck, i don't know why that is... i think that's just how it's supposed to be because of slightly different gearing on the h22 tranny vs. f22. either that, or it's a wiring issue..

it does downshift quick as hell, though.. my favorite gear to floor it in is when you first switch over to 2nd.. then slam on it and the wheels start spinnin as you kick down into 1st at like 6,000 rpm... sick.

Comment

man i hate you h22 guys im still stuck racing normel ass cars with my f22 pos

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                Maybe sumtime ur day will come lol. My favorite gear is 3rd, theres nothing like chirping into 4th gear at 7800 rpm lol, I always think god dam my car can do that in a auto! lol. But spinning thru 1st is weird to, that happens when im turning out and punchint it, tach goes straight up to 8000rpm and sits there lol.

Comment

wow, you've got some kind of freak TCU or something.. mine doesn't even hit 7800/8000.. i think i've seen it hit 7,400 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                    wow, you've got some kind of freak TCU or something.. mine doesn't even hit 7800/8000.. i think i've seen it hit 7,400 at most.
                    I think I do lol. Iv seen myself hit 50mph in first gear goin down hills lol. We should have switch cars at the MIR meet to see how our cars compared.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                      Yeah That ^^

And I thought I was special after I beat my friends 140 HP, 93 Asuna Sunfire lol
                      1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
                        Maybe sumtime ur day will come lol. My favorite gear is 3rd, theres nothing like chirping into 4th gear at 7800 rpm lol, I always think god dam my car can do that in a auto! lol. But spinning thru 1st is weird to, that happens when im turning out and punchint it, tach goes straight up to 8000rpm and sits there lol.
                        Dang man, if you're chirping tires going into 4th you need some better tires.
                        ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                          Dang man, if you're chirping tires going into 4th you need some better tires.
                          Yeah, what i actualy needed is a camber kit. I took my rims off and the outer tread looked new and the inner edge was almost completly bald! Im a idiot.

Comment

hehehe, that'll do it.
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Dammit today I almost got to race a new silver RX8. He was in the left lane and was dipping so I get behind himas he passes me and we roll 100. I get in the right lane next to him and wait for him but he doesnt do shit, fuck! I geuss he thought it be a waste of time tryn to race me.

Comment

Working...
                              X