racing an h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racing an h22a

hey guys....just had a quick question....at what rpm should i launch....and at what rpm should i shift gears...in a race of course.......i got an h22 (non-lsd)...stage 2 clutch and fly wheel(exedy)....aem CAI...and HKS high powered exhaust.....

where does the motor redline at???7200 or 8200
    cb7 A NEW ERA

wow not 8200, i dont have one but i think its either 7200 or 7400

Comment

anyone????
      cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

i launch around 4k in my f22, shifting at redline. i dont know h22's redline though...i know its not more than 8k though.

Comment

launch around 3-4k and feather it. peak hp is around 6800 and redline is 7200.

Comment

i say 3 but its a drivers practice because only you can determine that and get a feel for the car.

Comment

the motor redline is 8,200K. depending on where your rev limiter is set.. then thats where you'll shift. hehe.

when i race, shift at about 8K flat.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

mine redlines at 7800 rpms but launch still not sure
                ACCORDEX92
                CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

Just go by trial and error, and see what rpm best works for you

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Where you should launch depends on so many factors. Tires, road (or track) surface play a huge role on where you should launch. best way to find out where to lunch at would be to rev it up to 3500rpm and quickly yet smoothy release the clutch untill the tires start to slip. from there you may have to press the clutch in a little to keep the tires on the very edge of traction. it's ok to hear a little tire squeel. don't just drop the clutch. that's a good way to brake something.

7200rpm = stock h22 redline
                    7800rpm = h22 stock fuel cut
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

You cant really "launch" if you like traction I start at about 2500 and just feather it out until I hit vtec(5000 for me) and then lay into it. Otherwise all you do is spin.

This tuesday I will be running slicks and thats a whole other story.
                      90 4 door w/JDM h22a(LSD)-intake-exhaust-clutch-flywheel=13.8@102 BITCHES!!!!

Comment

well with my h22 with LSD i launch just below v-tec crossover (around 4500) break loose the tires and feather the gas, i try to catch peak traction around 6-6.5 RPMs...

i usually dump the clutch at that rpms to break loose the tires, and launch into v-tec.

on my g-tech that was the most effective way to a 2.2-2.1 60' time.... this was before suspension.....

i always, when about to race, roll backwards from the line up mark and just burnout real quick. helps alot with traction, and hooking up....
                        DOHC VTEC, BITCHES!

Comment

I pulled a 2.0 60ft on street tires with no spinning. It is pointless to do burnouts on street tires really. All you do is waste tread. They are good for slicks tho, helps heat them up and make them sticky.
                          90 4 door w/JDM h22a(LSD)-intake-exhaust-clutch-flywheel=13.8@102 BITCHES!!!!

Comment

any tire warm is better than the same tire cold.....

btw i had yokohama avs 100's on my ride.....

my set up was
                            jdm H22a with LSD
                            AEM V2
                            dc sports header
                            high flo cat
                            tanabe hyper spec
                            15in lude wheels
                            i ran like 10 14.7's

then i added...
                            tein SS w. spc camber kit
                            and ran consecutive 14.6's

btw this was with a 92 accord ex coupe
                            DOHC VTEC, BITCHES!

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                              launch around 3-4k and feather it. peak hp is around 6800 and redline is 7200.
                              thats exactly what i do!
                              Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
                              can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

Working...
                              X