going racing tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going racing tonight

ok, going racing tonight. car im racing: 1991 vw gti, 1997 vw vr6, and a ford probe. what should i do to my car, performance wise, that dont cost nothing. i alreasy gutted it. all that shit is done. i need to know if there is anything i can bypass vacuum wise that might add a little bit of power, or anything else. all i have is a short ram intake and a catback exhaust. i keep up with the gti,and the gti beets the vr6, so im not to worried about the vr6. i havent raced the probe before, but its bone stock. new tires, down to a good psi. all that shit is done. i need performance. would it help if i just took the intake off? any help would be appreciated. thanks. oh yeah and its a crapomatic (my car)
    for sale
    sony 430 watt 3/2/1/ channel amp
    sparkomatic 60 watt eq

dont take off your intake,theres really not much you can do,get and h22,and a5 speed then we'll talk

Comment

good luck and dont kill yourself

Comment

thanks bro^ ill try not to kill myself. ill have to be sure to wear the seatbelt for sure. ill let you guys know what happens tommorow or the next day
        for sale
        sony 430 watt 3/2/1/ channel amp
        sparkomatic 60 watt eq

Comment

cool, do us good

Comment

yeah man, lets us kno the outcome
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

whatever you do, dont do it on offramps or exits..

i raced a golf tdi before any mods, he kept up at first but after siftin into 3rd. no comp.
              but be safe and watch for pigs

Comment

keep your heater on all night untill you are about to race. and drive slow all night. This will keep your car cooler. Anohtre thing is dont intentionally put any extra gas in it tonight.(weight) And if you are really wooried put some octane booster in your gas tank. An urban legend ive been told around here is dropping a cotton mothball as far down your gooseneck as you can right before you put a tiny bit of gas in to get it into the tank. I hear it keeps your fuel cooler for some reason. NEVER HAVE I DONE THAT SO DONT THINK ITS MY IDEA! it may work who knows?
                dont launch too hard, and just stay relaxed when you are shifting. that keeps you from missing a gear.
                92 lx
                automatic
                slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Don't ever try that thing with the mothball. That's something hot rodders used to do way back in the 50-60's and it's not a good idea.

Comment

thank you for telling me, cuz i honestly dont know
                    92 lx
                    automatic
                    slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

so what was the results

today is the next day right, i post my last post yesterday but it says i did it on the 10th, which is today so im not sure:wtf:

but anyway, how was the outcome
                      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Hope this isn't too late

I noticed a great increase in "oomph" when I took out out my complete A/C system (including evaporator behind the glove compartment) and power steering system. I wouldn't suggest taking out the power streering if you live in a big city, or have to do a lot of low speed turning, but I don't have to do low speed turning very often, and it really isn't that bad anyway.

However if you take your A/C compressor out you will need to get a new belt.

Comment

yes, how exactly did it go??
                          imanxious to hear

Comment

Just make sure wherever your gonna run it just make sure there is no cops in the area do it in a controlled envirnment be sure to do a 5-speed swap too.

Comment

Oh oh, did he get into an accident? Is he in jail?? You guys get me concerned when you say you are going raceing, then dont hear from the for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X