Cb7 Stock H22 Vs. Civic Si K20 (Street)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 Stock H22 Vs. Civic Si K20 (Street)

I know a lot of people do not approve of street racing, however, as you can see the highway is dead and the only other cars are watching us and the road(the red camaro).

As the title states my H22A CB7 fully stock with F22A1 transmission going up against a stock Civic Si K20. My passanger is recording.

This post/video complies with forums rules.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Ffuck what everyone else thinks as long as you know your in control of the situation in an controlled environment and its clear go for it.

Comment

why didnt you start filming when the race started? i dont hear no horns or see any hand gestures to signal a race. the vid starts with you ahead of the si and ends with the camera man burying the cam in his lap. im not hating or talking trash but if i didnt know better id say the si was a victim of a jump start, now we know thats not what's going on now is it, lol. not bad though considering a bone stock si coupe runs 15.6-15.8's on average. that puts you probably in the 15.2-15.4 range. f22 trans ftl, lol. id be looking for a h-trans asap to wake that thing up.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
        why didnt you start filming when the race started? i dont hear no horns or see any hand gestures to signal a race. the vid starts with you ahead of the si and ends with the camera man burying the cam in his lap. im not hating or talking trash but if i didnt know better id say the si was a victim of a jump start, now we know thats not what's going on now is it, lol. not bad though considering a bone stock si coupe runs 15.6-15.8's on average. that puts you probably in the 15.2-15.4 range. f22 trans ftl, lol. id be looking for a h-trans asap to wake that thing up.
        LOL, the late recording was my passenger fault and it was his idea to race(no fowl play). That was an old video i have since then got an H22A Turbo set up and H22A LSD transmission. As it sits right now its got an F22A Turbo with H22A LSD Trans, waiting for my new H22A(I was getting my H22A built and my mechanic was arrested for murder. So my car was locked up for 8 Months and with a completely tore down H22A with missing parts. VIDEO HERE, UPDATE HERE).
        Last edited by tutsuo; 03-16-2014, 10:22 PM.
        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
          LOL, the late recording was my passenger fault and it was his idea to race(no fowl play). That was an old video i have since then got an H22A Turbo set up and H22A LSD transmission. As it sits right now its got an F22A Turbo with H22A LSD Trans, waiting for my new H22A(I was getting my H22A built and my mechanic was arrested for murder. So my car was locked up for 8 Months and with a completely tore down H22A with missing parts. VIDEO HERE, UPDATE HERE).
          Daaaaaaamn. So do you think he did it?

I would work on your car yourself its not THAT hard, just need a lil experience. Tuning is the only thing that is hard.
          “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
          ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Si's routinely run low 15's to high 14's stock, if the driver isn't an idiot. That said, with an F22 tranny, 3rd gear is probably the only gear this would happen in, because it is a fantastic gear ratio for highway runs.

That said, I can also assure you from personal experience that a bone stock 8th gen Si will pull the shit out of anything resembling a stock H22 with a stock H22 transmission.

I have a CB7 swapped with an M2B4 and I have a stock Si. The stock Si has also raped a few relatively stock Preludes quite comfortably.

It was a good pull for sure, but I think from a dig it may very well have been different.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I thought yours was a sedan?

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129 View Post
                Daaaaaaamn. So do you think he did it?

I would work on your car yourself its not THAT hard, just need a lil experience. Tuning is the only thing that is hard.
                I really don't think he did it . Im in the military full time i rarely have any time off but whenever i could i would be in the shop helping out.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                Si's routinely run low 15's to high 14's stock, if the driver isn't an idiot. That said, with an F22 tranny, 3rd gear is probably the only gear this would happen in, because it is a fantastic gear ratio for highway runs.

That said, I can also assure you from personal experience that a bone stock 8th gen Si will pull the shit out of anything resembling a stock H22 with a stock H22 transmission.

I have a CB7 swapped with an M2B4 and I have a stock Si. The stock Si has also raped a few relatively stock Preludes quite comfortably.

It was a good pull for sure, but I think from a dig it may very well have been different.
                I was on a GREAT tune btw just the motor was stock. I pulled on quite of few people man dont underestimate the power of the H22A.

Coupe DX

Comment

there it is, dx coupe is like 2680lbs vs a si coupe which is 2980lbs and you both have about the same hp, definitely why it pulled away at a roll. as far as 08 si's running low 15's high 14's, if you look that is always sedans, the coupes barely run 15.5's if the driver is good. the sedan always 60fts about .2sec faster than the coupe which is why in low humidity and low 60deg ambient temps, people have been able to trap high 14's with them. you'll also notice the places where they live are low altitude. also the reason guys like me can pull a 13.8 out of a f-series powered cb7.

Comment

there it is, dx coupe is like 2680lbs vs a si coupe which is 2980lbs and you both have about the same hp, definitely why it pulled away at a roll. as far as 08 si's running low 15's high 14's, if you look that is always sedans, the coupes barely run 15.5's if the driver is good. the sedan always 60fts about .2sec faster than the coupe which is why in low humidity and low 60deg ambient temps, people have been able to trap high 14's with them. you'll also notice the places where they live are low altitude. also the reason guys like me can pull a 13.8 out of a f-series powered cb7.
                    Yea actually when i got weighed i think i was at 2600 exactly.

Comment

word, i think my dx without a rear seat and the trunk stuff was 2683lbs with a/c and p/s still in tact. i keep meaning to make a mrt but the car honestly just sits at the shop all the time. betsy is faster, more comfortable, has a better stereo, better a/c and has cruise so until the other dx gets some power to make it interesting to drive it'll just get started and drove around the block and park, lol.

Comment

word, i think my dx without a rear seat and the trunk stuff was 2683lbs with a/c and p/s still in tact. i keep meaning to make a mrt but the car honestly just sits at the shop all the time. betsy is faster, more comfortable, has a better stereo, better a/c and has cruise so until the other dx gets some power to make it interesting to drive it'll just get started and drove around the block and park, lol.
                        Our 2 front seats weigh like 40 pounds each, so swap them out with some light wieght ones take away like 60 pounds.

Comment

Mine is a sedan. Doesn't matter. Given the same driver, the sedan and coupe run pretty much identically.

I was on a GREAT tune btw just the motor was stock. I pulled on quite of few people man dont underestimate the power of the H22A.
                          I am well aware of the H22's capabilities. It was most likely the roll in 3rd gear. Also, your 300lb weight advantage wouldn't hurt either.

Nonsense. There is no mechanical difference that explains your observation, and the sedan is about 70lbs heavier than the coupe. It is not logical that all sedans run faster than all coupes. And I happen to know for a fact this is bunk because I have seen at least one coupe that ran a 14.0 completely bone stock. There are also plenty of other cars running in the high 14's to low 15's, both coupe and sedan.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            Mine is a sedan. Doesn't matter. Given the same driver, the sedan and coupe run pretty much identically.

I am well aware of the H22's capabilities. It was most likely the roll in 3rd gear. Also, your 300lb weight advantage wouldn't hurt either.

Nonsense. There is no mechanical difference that explains your observation, and the sedan is about 70lbs heavier than the coupe. It is not logical that all sedans run faster than all coupes. And I happen to know for a fact this is bunk because I have seen at least one coupe that ran a 14.0 completely bone stock. There are also plenty of other cars running in the high 14's to low 15's, both coupe and sedan.
                            I also have a video of me with the same setup against a LS vtec hatch.

Comment

tutsuo, how much hp & tq did your h22a put down when it was tuned? and what gear was it in?

mid/low 15's seem about the average for newer Si's from what i see at the strip here. and there's a Kseries EG hatch that's lightened which was running around 14.2-15.1 on a cool night, decent driver and ran mid/low 14's the rest of the night.

an h22a sedan cb7 was running high 16's low 17's, i know the guy personally. ebay boltons, untuned, f22 trans, engine not well taken care of, vtec not engaging. tried to steer him in the right direction when i worked on his car a few times but i can't tell someone how to spend their money.

so a good h22a cb7 and an 8th gen Si should be about neck and neck and go either way.

i'd like to think that an h22a cb7 vs. a newer gen Si will always give the advantage to the Civic. the gearing on the K's trans is really what's gonna set it apart. not to mention a fresher engine, fresher suspension to keep it stiff. prime for prime i'd say h22a lsd cb7 would take it.
                              RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Working...
                              X