race coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

race coming up

ive got a race coming up with a good friend of mine who owns a 2000 civic si. hes got a greddy short ram intake, headers and muffler. besides that its bone stock. i told him that i dont know if i would do any good against him that i would have to get back with him in a few days. hes just wanting to run for the hell of it. what do yall think. how would i do up against something like that?

i about forgot

i forgot to tellya what i got. i have a 92 accord ex coupe. 5 speed. akimoto funnel ram, nakayama muffler . 9.3 mm matrix plug wires. besides that its just stock. its in great shape but has about 215, 000 miles on it. so what do yall think, would i even give him a run for his money or what?

Comment

first of all , when posting you can use the edit button to go back and add/change/delete something you have already posted, to go around the fact of two posts...

but for the Si...
      I think you should be able to give him a good run, each others experience and time behind the wheel in a M/T , also come into play but just give it all you got..

make sure to let us know the results..good luck and be careful

Comment

civic si

well the race went as you may have expected. we lined up on an old back road. he got me off the line by maybe half a car length. by the time i hit 3rd i was caught up to him. but basically by the time we called it off, i was ahead by a car length. of course we were gonna try it again but there was a house on the side of the road were we stopped at and saw the lights come on so we bookes it home saving the 2nd round for another night.

Comment

nice....

next time u should be more prepare, let us kno when that happens

also, dont tell the civic owner but clean out ur trunk, might help u a little bit (i u dont already have it empty)
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

good stuff and that good start will always save your ass
            -
            say you race someone a lil quicker next time

nice work tho

Comment

How is that Akimoto intake working out for you? I saw it but I wasn't sure how well that would work since I have never seen anyone with one before.

Comment

works great

it works great. there is a local speed shop where i live and of course they had all the usuall names in air intakes, but he told me that he tried an akimoto and it worked great. so far, i cant say that he told me wrong. it's done awsome for me.

Comment

Working...
                X