No announcement yet.

top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i topped mine 130mph, rev was around 5 - 5.5k i think... but only for a couple of seconds. hahah

S A N D I E G O

Comment

The fastest I've ever gone in my Accord on the Street is 110mph. Fastest in my life was in my Acura Legend 6speed coupe where I literally took the needle a little past the 160mph line (It stops at 160) while racing a 5th gen lude, GTI VR6, and GST. Funny thing was the only car up there with me was the Lude. The GST's speed limiter kicked in around 140 and he just lagged behind and the VR6 just backed out.

Took the Lude and me about 3 miles to slow down and I still warpped my rotors, lol. Damn thing was smooth though A/C on and everything.

Never went that fast again though, It was actually stupid, If anything goes wrong at that speed there's no margin for error. But I was young, it was late, and I had just gotten the car so I was beyond cocky
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

did you break it down with downshiftin?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          did you break it down with downshiftin?
          Mostly just coasted until it came down to HAVING to stop. Then I down shifted and braked.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I hit 124 with my 92 lx with just intake on the highway, I am pretty sure I could of got up to 130 but pussied out.
            Attached Files

Comment

gotta love that rev limiter though

Comment

ive only hit like around 115 so far, but i haven't had many oppurtunities. it just seems like any time i start to try it out, one fucking car will show up in the distance and that could always be a cop, so i back off. plus it didn't feel like it was pulling much anymore. i was in 4th gear, and doing around 115 once and i went to shift into 5th because i was at around 6000 rpm's, and when i shifted to 5th(i wasn't very quick about it) i lost a lot of rpm's, and i didn't pull hard enough to keep on it, so i just let off

it sucks coming down from that high of a speed, because hitting the brakes can fucking send me into a massive shake. my rotors need replaced.
                92 lx
                automatic
                slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

160 in a Legend, damn. Did it have any mods? I've read that stock MKIV Supras top out around 160, so it's surprising that a Legend would make it that high also.

Comment

http://www.supercars.net/Comp?source...mpList=2456-29

I find it hard to believe that a Legend can go 160 if the NSX Alex Zanardi Edition tops out at 167 and a Supra TT tops out at 155, especially with A/C on. You better have had it heavily modified to go 160, seriously.

Comment

130 with needle still clamming.
                      but havent gone pass 110 in bout 4-5months.
                      i will admit, scared to, cars like its on skates....
                      so i just keep my speeding for a 1/4mile
                      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Only about 110 but i got a pic at 100

H23?

Comment

The fastest I have gone is like 97-98ish mph. It is not worth it. It is a rush, yes, but when you start to think about all of the things that could happen it makes you wanna slow down. I used to race people from the lights but I stopped. My girlfriend made me promise that I wouldn't do it any more. Yeah, I know, it makes me sound like I am a wuss, but I know she did it because she loves me. She doesn't mind me speeding as long as it is not excessive. I am glad that she told me to stop. Better gas mileage, no worries about a wreck, no tickets! Racing is not worth it on the street. Besides it is not even real racing. When I would race half the time people would jump the light and I would be waitin' for the green. Oh well. I have had some close calls while driving crazy and I don't wish to relive them so I am not street racing or going up to crazy speeds any more.

One other thing to discourage anyone from going 100+mph. Just before Christmas this guy in my town got a 300zx. He is an awful driver to begin with. He asked his dad if he would help him get it. His dad told him no because he wasn't responsible enough to drive a car with that much power. He then went and asked his mom if she would help him get it and she did. The next day he was driving with a friend at like 120 in the rain and went to make a turn but didn't slow down enough and went off the road and hit a ditch. Both of them were ejected from the car. The driver was crushed by the car and died. The other guy was in acoma for a while(not sure if he still is or not). The point of this story is to say that it is not worth it. It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are, a tire doesn't care. It can blow when ever it feels like it. A blown tire at 120+ is not a good thing and most likely will result in a wreck. Anyway, just keep it to the tracks. Get involved in autocross or drag racing. It is a much safer alternative and it is still a load of fun. I just finished my second autocross and it was a blast. We didn't get over 45ish mph but the cornering speed is what is fun!!!!!! Go out and try it. Try SCCA or a local group. JUST KEEP IT OFF OF THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!
                          FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but I think everyone here is well aware of the risks. It wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't dangerous. Hell I enjoy putting my life on the line and try to make it a regular thing.... just something I enjoy doing and yeah it is a rush. If I die then at least it will be doing something I love. I try to be as safe as possible because I don't really have a desire to die right now, but shit happens even when you are being safe. Every day shitloads of stupid drivers get in wrecks and get themselves killed even when they are obeying the laws and driving at safe speeds. I'm not really too worried though since my tires are rated at like 160 mph.

Comment

Working...
                            X